4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2010 5:06 PM by singerhsh

Trying to create a pop-up window creates 2 identical windows

singerhsh

Hello,

I am trying to accomplish the following:

Clicking text in my webpage and causing a small pop-up window to open.  I have tried this 2 ways: the first way, I get a new tab in my browser, but it is full-sized; the second way, I get a new tab in my browser AND a small pop-up window.

Here's the first way:

1. highlighting the text that should be an "object."

2. entering a URL in "Link."

3. defining the "Target" as _blank

This opens my link in a new browser tab.  This is good, but I'd like this to be a smaller pop-up window so that my full-sized webpage remains in the background.  Please note that if I select any other option for the "Target" or leave that box empty, my webpage is replaced by the url entered in the "link",

Here's the second way:

1. highlighting the text that should be an "object."

2.  entering a URL in "Link."

3. leaving the "Target" box empty

4. selecting "open browser window" in "behaviors" and defining that window as a smaller size

This opens my link in a new browser tab AND opens a smaller  pop-up of that same link.  My webpage remains in another browser tab, but is not showing in the background (I have to close both the pop-up and new browsesr tab in order to get back to my webpage).

Dreamweaver doesn't allow me to leave the "Link" field blank and select "open browser window" in "behaviors," which I believe is causing thi redundancy.  Since my "object" is not an imported image, but rather, text (such as "click here" that I hope to turn into an object), I wonder if I have to import some kind of file (e.g. jpg, etc. ) as an object in order to achieve my goal.  Can anyone tell mw what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Heather