4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2010 10:19 AM by wolfgang9876543

Encore does not update changes made in Premier Pro CS4 4.2.1

wolfgang9876543

I finished a 45 minute video qhere I have Encore marker for 12 chapters. I Used the dinamic link on the File menu and Encore opened the timeline and the cghapters where there. So far so good.

Then I found that I lef out one marker and went to Premier pro CS4 and made the change without closing Encore. When I went to Encore to see the change, there was none !! There is no way tu update any change between those 2 programas.

Then I tried importing the timeline. Answer Its not possible ) message=. So the only way to have the update is to close Encore, delete the files created by Encore and then start over again.

Please help if there is a way to update encore when I make a change in premiere C version 4.2.1

Thanks a lot

Wolfgang

• 1. Re: Encore does not update changes made in Premier Pro CS4 4.2.1
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Did you transcode the Premiere sequence or try to build the project?  If

so, then you have to do a File | Revert to Original to get the Pr

sequence to update again.

-Jeff

• 2. Re: Encore does not update changes made in Premier Pro CS4 4.2.1
            wolfgang9876543 Level 1

Dear Jeff:

I created the DVD because it is needed. Therefore it has been transcoded. When I go to File / revert to original, it is grayed out.

There is still the question of how to update automatically ( Thats the dinamic link purpose).

Wolf

• 3. Re: Encore does not update changes made in Premier Pro CS4 4.2.1
              Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

You have to select the sequence in the Project panel before going to the File menu.

Once *any* asset is transcoded, Encore only looks at the transcoded version.  You can see the logic in this.

So the Revert to Original command forces Encore to look again at the dynamically-linked sequence, at which time you'll see the changes you made in Premiere.

-Jeff

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Encore does not update changes made in Premier Pro CS4 4.2.1
                wolfgang9876543 Level 1

Dear Jeff:

Soory the delay in responding but I had to deliver the project on Frifay and had no room for any more testing. After the DVD was created I checked it and it was OK !!

I tried the "get back" and it did once. But then I found out that thee were some chapter markers that were moved. To update them y put the mouse on the marker and right button. The option Üpdate all markers"appeared. I checked it and it made all the changes in Encore.

But the timeline changes were not .

So I checked the "Build DVD"option and when it finished, the result was corect. It seems that in the transcoding to make the DVD, it took dinamiclly not only the chapter markers but also the changes I Made.

Thanks for the explanation, it helped me to test this proceedings. Adobe should make a note on these "updating"in a dinamic link more user friendly. As the project is a little long ( 45 minutes) perhaps the software gets mixed up.

regards

Wolfgang