• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I prevent RoboHelp from adding the highlightSearch() Javascript to my Webhelp output files?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I'm using RoboHelp version 8 and creating a WebHelp system. When my application calls help that is generated using RoboHelp 8, I get a IE Script Error message: Error is "Object expected" and the URL points to the appropriate help topic. To prevent seeing the error, I simply remove the highlightSearch() javascript that gets included at the bottom of each .htm topic. However, I have hundreds of topics in my help system, so individually removing the script from each one is not feasible. I've turned our Search functionality in the WebHelp project, but this does not seem to have removed the script.

Does anyone know if there is a project or WebHelp output setting that I need to change to get rid of this javascript???

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a new topic without any master page and you will see that script does not get inserted by RH. So it would seem that is being inserted in house and something is wrong with the process.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp