3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2010 3:03 AM by John Waller

Zeroed out border but it still won't go away

brazenrac

I have this page which I just threw together.  I made the header in Photoshop and it is a link.  I zeroed out the border, like I normally do, but it still leaves a thin black line around the image (which can only be seen at the top and on the side where it is not black.   Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I put the page on my website with this link:

http://www.brazenracing.com/buggedtemplate.html

• 1. Re: Zeroed out border but it still won't go away
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

.twoColFixLtHdr #container {
          width: 780px;  /* using 20px less than a full 800px width allows for browser chrome and avoids a horizontal scroll bar */
          background: #FFFFFF;
          margin: 0 auto; /* the auto margins (in conjunction with a width) center the page */
          border: 1px solid #000000;
          text-align: left; /* this overrides the text-align: center on the body element. */
          }

You're seeing the 1px black border around the #container id in the above.

Delete the border rule from the above.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Zeroed out border but it still won't go away
            brazenrac Level 1

Thanks a lot!  I clicked "helpful" before I saw "correct".  That was obviously it.

One other question.  Every time I change the color of the navbar items in CSS, DW automatically changes them all to blue and I can't change them back.  I'm just trying to make them yellow, but every time I do that they all go blue and then when I test it they show up blue and purple.  I have no idea why!

• 3. Re: Zeroed out border but it still won't go away
              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I suggest you start a new thread for your new question.

When you post, can you include a link to a page showing the problem?