6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2010 6:29 PM by the_wine_snob

CS3 playback

MIAMI777

How can I make my timeline to keep playing while accesing other programs or plugin a usb ??

• 1. Re: CS3 playback
          the_wine_snob Level 9

You do not, unfortunately. PrPro needs to have focus to continue playback.

Sorry,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CS3 playback
            MIAMI777 Level 1

whats that ?? how can I get

Focus?? Sometimes my programs are two hours long and I can't touch the computer while in playback. This is a big waste of time.

• 3. Re: CS3 playback
              shooternz Level 6

Give us an example of why you would playback a 2 hour show and do something else simultaneously while editing.

• 4. Re: CS3 playback
                MIAMI777 Level 1

I have internet, and other program

s on my computer. So when Im dumpping onto tape from it, I nn

to do other stuff and I can't. Wo

nt even let me plug a hard drive /usb without stopping playback.

• 5. Re: CS3 playback
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Complain and say what you think should be all you want... Hunt answered your question

While Premiere is working, it REQUIRES all of your computer... you may do nothing else

• 6. Re: CS3 playback
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

During the Capture stage, I sit with my Shot Log sheets and make copious notes on how I will edit the footage.

Focus is having the playback of PrPro the ONLY active program. If I want my iPod, I use it, and not iTunes. I want to see exactly what is being Captured, and also to have copious notes on what has been shot, and what has been Captured.

If I need to do narration, or similar, outside of PrPro, I will do a "reference file," and just play that back, should I be doing the Audio work in Audition, or similar.

Good luck,

Hunt