Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can you set drop down list as multi-line???

Former Community Member

Hi, I am new to form design. I want to allow the user to pick from 4 scenarios from a drop down list. They are quite long so get cut off at the end of the line. Is there a way to make a drop down multi-line after its picked?

If not,I could shorten the descriptions but then would need the full text pasted into a multi line text box.

Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I can't get a drop list to wrap multiple lines.  Maybe an alternative; have the user select the scenario based on a number (choices 1-4 with a description) and then the long text populates a text field.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

I can't get a drop list to wrap multiple lines.  Maybe an alternative; have the user select the scenario based on a number (choices 1-4 with a description) and then the long text populates a text field.

Former Community Member

Thanks, thats what I figured and was the direction I'm taking.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to do the prefill to the text box...the example form I have won't open in livecycle, just adobe.

Can you help?

Blake

Former Community Member

Can you help me out with the script to populate the text field?

I want the values from the Criteria to go into the Description.

Thanks,

Blake

Former Community Member

Many thanks to Paul for the help.

This is the java he gave me as an example for others.

In the drop down list: (the short version needs to match what you entered in the table field values)

topmostSubform.Page1.Sect.Criteria::change: - (JavaScript, client) -

if (xfa.event.newText=="1. Demonstrating notable skill, judgement or dedication")

{topmostSubform.Page1.Sect.Criteria_Long.rawValue="Demonstrating notable skill, judgement or dedication"}

if (xfa.event.newText=="2. Demonstrating a high standard of police conduct or humanitarism")

{topmostSubform.Page1.Sect.Criteria_Long.rawValue="Demonstrating a high standard of police conduct or humanitarism"}

if (xfa.event.newText=="3. Diligent and sustained effort (well above normal)")

{topmostSubform.Page1.Sect.Criteria_Long.rawValue="Diligent and sustained effort (well above normal)"}

if (xfa.event.newText=="4. Developing a method or program with positive effect")

{topmostSubform.Page1.Sect.Criteria_Long.rawValue="Developing a method or program with positive effect"}

if (xfa.event.newText=="")

{topmostSubform.Page1.Sect.Criteria_Long.rawValue=""}

And this is the java in the full lenth text field:

topmostSubform.Page1.Sect.Criteria_Long::calculate: - (JavaScript, client) -

event.value = this.getField("criteria").value;