• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IRiver Story E reader..How can I Copy DRM books to it?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2010 Feb 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This device will read pdf and epub formats.  I have copied many books from the public domain in these formats.  However the DRM formatting seems unable to be read by the Iriver reader.   I have purcahsed and downloaded a number books successfully and read them on my PC, but not the Iriver reader.  All booksellers seem to have all new titles for sale with this DRm formatted epub or pdf.  Has anyone had any experience to advise about with this type of reader?  Can new software such as Digital Edition be added to the reader.  No assistance availble yet from ebook sellers or Iriver.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2010 Mar 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just spent several frustrating hours trying to solve the same problem.

I've tried lots of things but I think this is what you need to do.

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions installed on your PC.

2. Add the book you have purchased by using the Library > Add item to Library option from the menu at the top.

3. You should then be able to read the book on your PC.

4. Then connect the iriver to the PC.

5. Adobe Digital Editions should detect it and ask you if you want to authorise the device.

6. If you say yes it seems to copy something over to the iriver.

7. Then copy the book you have purchased over as normal.

This worked for me. I can now read the book on the iriver. I have only bought one book but I think this will now work for all books I buy.

I hope this works for you.

Good Luck

Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2010 Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Magsparks

Your advice did work and I can now copy books. Thank you for your help. Cheers, Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines