4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2010 3:10 PM by Ben M

Spry menu bar flickers and cannot select with cursor

vsudia1

Created a horizontal spry menu bar, however, when reviewing in a variety of browsers (Safari, OPERA, IE), the menu flickers and when pointing to various menus, it is difficult and sometimes impossible to select. 

I've tried to resolve for a long time to no avail and the various forums I've found did not help.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Here is the current URL;http://troop223nj.com/

• 1. Re: Spry menu bar flickers and cannot select with cursor
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional

You have a lot of excess CSS like including elements from the Spry vertical menu bar and I don't see that at all on the page.  I have a feeling the problem you are having is related to all the absolutely positioned elements on the page.  Give me a day or so to look over the code and I'll get back to you a fix.

• 2. Re: Spry menu bar flickers and cannot select with cursor

troop223.jpg

Hopefully the attached image will be working just to give you an update.  I started playing around with the template you were using and the code and it was the absolutely positioned elements that were messing with the Spry menu.  As you can see from the screenshots I have been able to take a different DW built in template and got this working, minus your content.  After looking through it I felt easier to start over then to fix what you had.  This way you can get a clean start.  I could finish this and package it up for you if you want.  You will have to do a slight modification to the Spry menu to point to your files that way the pages update if you use it as a template.  Let me know how you want to proceed.

• 3. Re: Spry menu bar flickers and cannot select with cursor
              vsudia1 Level 1

Thanks for the response and yes, if you could proceed with the package I would appreciate it.

On another note, I designed this on a MAC and the result on most browsers is that it is oversized.  Any hints on resetting would be appreciated.

Thanks for all your help.

• 4. Re: Spry menu bar flickers and cannot select with cursor

I will provide the styling information you need and a link to some Spry resources in a PM that I will send out to you sometime tonight.