Dual Core 3.0

8 Gig

1 TB internal

8 TB external Raid 0 Approx 350 MBs

Nvidia 8800 GT latest drivers

Win7 - 64bit

CAPUTRE

Mini DV (Sony)

1. Capture through Black-Magic Design Infinity HDMI. Express Media - AVI Uncompressed.

Plays back fine through OS and Windows Media.

Load footage into Premiere CS4 and footage is jerky

2. Capture directly into Premiere CS4 using firewire.

Load footage into Premiere CS4 and footage is jerky and Audio out of sync

3. Took capture from BMD and converted it using Cineform AspectHD

Plays back squished footage from 16x9 to std footage is jerky and Audio out of sync with moray (waves)

4. Took capture from BMD and converted it using Cineform ProspectHD (trial)

Load footage into Premiere CS4 and footage is jerky and Audio out of sync with moray (waves)

I have read a number of forum treads and I'm at my wits end.  I want to capture in HD edit it in real time and export to DVD, BlueRay and Flash. I have spent hours on support and updated every driver and configuration setting that I know. PLEASE will someone tell me what do I need to do to get this to work?

Is it the DELL? Do I go to a Mac? (Ironic that most adobe tutorials are on Macs) Do I need a different solution? I'm going crazy!  Maybe it's me and I'm capturing and creating sequences all wrong. Please provide a workflow that is working for you. Let me know if you need more specifics. Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync
          Curt Wrigley Level 4

Sence you get jerky playback in every situation, its best to elliminate all the 3rd party stuff to reduce variables in troubleshooting.

You say you have sony mini dv but want to capture HD.  Does this mean this is an HDV Cam?

You should have no problem playing back HDV smoothly.  I suspect the problem is your external disk array.  How is it attached?

Next best guess: You have installed various codec packs.  They often cause a lot of problems and are very difficult to de-install.

• 2. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync
            Elated Productions Level 1

Thanks for the reply. In my many adventures to try and get this working, I have tried a number of OS. (XP32, XP64, Vista32, Vista64 and now Win64)

The machine is dedicated to video and so it’s pretty bare bones. Yes it is a HDV Cam. The external array is a SATA Max and runs through a dedicated controller. I've run some tests and the throughput is in the 350+ MPS. The OS is playing the footage fine, it is just Premiere that chews on playback.

The codecs could be the problem, but in my many re-installs they would have been wiped out. Do you have a recommended workflow of equipment and codecs that just works?

• 3. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync

BTW - the controller card is a dual SATA using a PCIe slot.

• 4. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync
                Curt Wrigley Level 4

Codec packs are very hard to get rid of short of an os re-install.  If you have installed any codec pacs since an os install, I would start from scratch.

Question:  Are you certain you are choosing a matching seq preset for your source footage?  If not; that would cause the problem.  If you choose a matching seq settings; there should be no red line above your footage when you drop it with no effects on the timeline.

• 5. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync

I believe that I am, I look a the properties on the AVI file and I have tried to get the sequence settings to match. The original footage is un-compressed. 1920 x 1080 29.43 fps. All default sequences for HDV are something like 1440 x 1080 29.43 fps. Should I use the interpret footage or attempt to convert the file using Cineform or BMD's utility?

I'm open to reinstalling the OS, but I would like to know what configuration is working when dealing with HDV footage. If I capture uncompressed from HDV (tape). What is recommended the recommendation for capture? What settings? What is the sequence setting in Premiere? Should I avoid Black Magic Design and the HDMI capture? Should I avoid Cineform? What works?

• 6. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync
                    Harm Millaard Level 7

The original footage is un-compressed. 1920 x 1080 29.43 fps

I find that hard to believe. Did you ingest over HD-SDI during the shoot? In 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 format? What is your disk setup?

• 8. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync

So I found this link showing an example, but again it's on a Mac using FCP. - Thoughts anyone?

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/hdvxdv_wright.html

• 9. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync

I have four 250 SATA drives using internal the MB controller set up a raid 0. I also have 8 SATA drives in External array using PCI controller. Speed test on the internal are rating at: READS 174.5 MPS WRITE  123.7 MPS  So I use the internal for os and storage, project staging etc. External READS 335.1 MPS WIRITES 362.9 MPS

vidpro3.png

• 10. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync
                          Harm Millaard Level 7

Curt said it earlier, HDV should not be a problem, but it appears you are using a BM intermediate on an acceptably fast internal raid. Try capturing regular HDV. Do you still have the jerkiness? If not, then the problem is likely related to BM.

• 11. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync

Used Premiere HDV capture using Firewire which recorded as an MPG and Playback is till jerky and out of sync with Audio.

Thoughts?av4.png

• 12. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync
                              Harm Millaard Level 7

Sorry if I can't follow you, but first you start with mini-DV and BM, then you have 1920 x 1080 material and finally HDV.

If you want help, first get your story straight, consistent and explain all the details.

• 13. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync

There are two attempts so far. The first is my initial approach.

Attempt one – CAPTURE of mini DV through Black Magic-Design - HDMI card --> this created a1920 X 1080 uncompressed AVJ at 29.97 FPS.

RESULT - The footage plays fine through Windows but is jerky in Premiere CS4.

You questioned whether the BM codec was the problem.

The second attempt is in response to your feedback. BM was not used.

Attempt Two - CAPTURE of mini DV through firewire directly into Premiere. This created a MPEG  1440 X 1080 at 29.97 fps

RESULT - The footage plays fine through Windows (quality is poor compared to uncompressed footage) and playback is jerky in Premiere CS4.

What’s NEXT?

Does anyone know what combination of equipment and workflow is actually working for them?

• 14. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync
                                  Harm Millaard Level 7
                                  Does anyone know what combination of equipment and workflow is actually working for them?

There are a few around here who figured that out. I would say around 99%, the rest is struggling because:

1. They lack the expertise,

2. They try to edit material not suitable for editing,

3. They have insufficient hardware or set it up incorrectly,

4. They have installed crap that corrupts their system, or

5. They are physically or mentally impaired.

My guess is that #1 and #2 amount to around 64%, closely followed by #3 in around 20% of the cases and with #4 in around 15% of the cases.

Look here and follow the advise strictly, because no one can look over your shoulder: Some suggestions...

• 15. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync
                                    Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

Run my Premiere Pro Bencnmark PPBM4 and send me your plain results or post them.  It sound to me like you have an untuned system.  Some of the confusion in this thread is the reference to miniDV which is the tape that he is using to record and capture HDV, at least he confused me.

After checking on the XPS 600, and it is a dual core 3.0 GHz Pentium D processor the only example of results submitted to the PPBM site is the second one from the bottom of the list for a single core Pentium.  Admittedly he does have a dual core processor but that probably will not raise the score much.

• 16. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync

1. Good thing we have forms to help us learn.

2. Please describe a workflow or links where I can capture from HDV mini DV tape and retain the best quality and still be able to edit in premiere pro. "Not suitable" is a little  vague.

3.HW meets the Adobe specs, but Adobe is in the business to sell software and although the software is working with HDV, my experience has been poor. I ran the benchmark and I emailed that in.  No one seems willing to say what HW requirements will handle the HDV footage. Do you have a specification recommendation?

4. Dedicated to video. Will you be more specific? Should I avoid internet and windows updates?

5. Seeing how you enjoy commenting on video forums, I'm guessing that you have worked with video. So I can assume that you have developed some level of patients. At least while waiting for rendering. So I'm going to ignore your insults and guess that you're having a bad day. Hope tomorrow is better for you! Thanks for the help.

• 17. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync

Thank you for developing the benchmark test. The results were mediocre / poor revealing that I may need to upgrade. Will you give me a recomendation as to OS platform and specifications for a workstation that will ingest HDV mini dv tape footage and allow me to edit in Premiere Pro CS4. What advantage do I have using PC vs Mac?

• 18. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync
                                          Harm Millaard Level 7

2. Capture HDV over firewire, preferably with HDVSplit.

Not suitable for editing is everything DivX, XVid, ripped off the internet, in short everything in a delivery format.

3. What is the hardware?

4. No, that is not a problem, but people that use Office, games, codec packs and the like on a video machine are asking for trouble.

5. Waiting for rendering is hardly the case. I can encode a 5:30:00 SD timeline to MPEG2-DVD with AC3 in around 20 minutes.

They were not insults, just an explanation of why some have trouble.

You would help us help you by providing the details requested in the Wiki link, that I linked to earlier and by giving details on your hardware.

• 19. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync
                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

#5.) Rendering/Export

This is a good time to jump on the laptop and browse the forum, get a cigar, and a glass of wine. I find that I spend more time here, if I am Exporting a big Project, than if I am just goofing off for the day.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 20. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync

2. I did a search for HDVSplit and came up with this site. http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm Is this correct? Is there a released version?

3. HW

·         Premiere Pro

o    Version number         CS4

o    Installation language  English

o    Updates applied        4.2.1

o    Project/sequence settings     

·         Operating System

o    Name                        Windows 7 64 bit

o    Update/patch level     Enterprise

o    Installed language      English

o    Display resolution and color depth. 1920 X 1200 millions + colors

·         CPU type and speed              Intel Pentium D 3.0 Dual Core

·         Amount of memory (RAM)      8 GB

·         Video card                           

o    Manufacturer             NVida

o    Model                       GeForce 8800 GT

o    Driver version            8.17.11.9621     (1/11/2010)

o    Number of monitors (displays) in use. 1

·         Audio card

o    Manufacturer             Creative

o    Model                       SB Xfi

o    Driver version            6.0.1.1373         (6/3/2009)

·         Each hard drive's capacity and space remaining

o    Disk setup (partitions used, raid configuration, what is where for OS/projects/media/scratch/audio)

§  Internal uses NVidia nForce RAID Controller

·         4 disks (SATA 7200 250GB) Raid 0    Throughput 180 MPS

§  External uses Highpoint Rocket RAID SATA Controller

·         8 Disks (SATA 7200 1TB) Raid 5 Throughput 350MPS

CODEC - Used the Sherlock utility here's the output.

Codec Reporting Utility Output Text

-----------------------------------

Date and Time: 10-Mar-2010 20:50:13 

System Information

------------------

Operating System  = Unknown Professional (6.01.7600)

CPU Descriptor    = Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz

CPU Clock Speed   = 2993 Mhz.

Total Memory      = 4095 Mb.

DirectX Version   = 10.0

WMI Version       = 7600.16385

ACM Version       = 5.00.0

Video Codecs

------------

AVI Decompressor

FileVersion       = 6.6.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

CompanyName       = Microsoft Corporation

FileDescription   = DirectShow Runtime.

InternalName      = Quartz.dll

LegalCopyright    = © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

OriginalFileName  = Quartz.dll.mui

ProductName       = Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

ProductVersion    = 6.6.7600.16385

AVI Draw

Blackmagic Design Decoder (DMO)

FileVersion       = 7, 4, 0, 0

CompanyName       = Blackmagic Design

FileDescription   = DeckLink DirectShow DMO DLL

InternalName      = VideoDMO

LegalCopyright    = Copyright © 2003-2009 Blackmagic Design. All rights reserved.

OriginalFileName  = dmobmd.dll

ProductName       = DeckLink

ProductVersion    = 7.4

CineForm HD Codec V4.3.4

FileVersion       = 4, 3, 4, 298

CompanyName       = CineForm Inc.

FileDescription   = CineForm VFW CODEC

InternalName      = CFHD

LegalCopyright    = Copyright © 2001-2008 CineForm Inc.

OriginalFileName  = cfhd.dll

ProductName       = Aspect HD

ProductVersion    = 5, 4, 6, 131

CineForm HD Decoder-2

FileDescription   = CineForm DirectShow Decoder

InternalName      = CFDecode2

OriginalFileName  = CFDecode2.ax

CineForm HD Encoder

FileVersion      = 4, 3, 4, 298

FileDescription   = CineForm DirectShow Encoder

InternalName      = CFEncode

OriginalFileName  = CFEncode.ax

CineForm HD Encoder-2

FileDescription   = CineForm HD Encoder2

InternalName      = CFEncoder2.ax

OriginalFileName  = CFEncoder2.ax

ProductName       =

CineForm V210 Decoder

FileVersion       = 1, 0, 1, 3

CompanyName       = CineForm Inc

FileDescription   = V210 Decoder

InternalName      = V210Decoder

LegalCopyright    = Copyright © 2004 CineForm Inc

OriginalFileName  = V210Decoder.ax

ProductName       = Prospect HD

ProductVersion    = 1, 0, 0, 18

CineForm YUV16 Converter

FileVersion       = 1, 0, 2, 4

FileDescription   = YUV16Converter

InternalName      = YUV16Converter

LegalCopyright    = Copyright © 2001-2006 CineForm Inc.

OriginalFileName  = YUV16Converter.ax

Cinepak Codec by Radius

FileVersion       = 1.10.0.11

CompanyName       = Radius Inc.

FileDescription   = Cinepak® Codec

InternalName      = iccvid

LegalCopyright    = Copyright © 1992-1995 Radius Inc., All Rights Reserved

OriginalFileName  = iccvid.drv.mui

ProductName       = Cinepak for Windows 32

ProductVersion    = 1.10.0.0

Decklink MJPEG Compressor

FileDescription   = DeckLink DirectShow DLL

InternalName      = DeckLink DirectShow Filter DLL

LegalCopyright    = Copyright © 2003-2009 Blackmagic Design. All rights reserved.

OriginalFileName  = Decklink.dll

ProductVersion    = 7.4

Decklink MJPEG Decompressor

ProductVersion    = 7.4

Decklink Video Capture

ProductVersion    = 7.4

Decrypt/Tag

FileDescription   =  XDSCodec & Encypter/Decrypter Tagger Filters.

InternalName      = EncDec.dll

OriginalFileName  = EncDec.dll.mui

DV Splitter

InternalName      = Qdv.dll

OriginalFileName  = Qdv.dll.mui

DV Video Decoder

DV Video Encoder

Intel IYUV codec

FileVersion       = 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

FileDescription   = Intel Indeo(R) Video YUV Codec

InternalName      = iyuv_32.dll

LegalCopyright    = Copyright Intel Corporation 1992-1997

OriginalFileName  = iyuv_32.dll.mui

ProductVersion   = 6.1.7600.16385

Intel IYUV codec

FileDescription   = Intel Indeo(R) Video YUV Codec

InternalName      = iyuv_32.dll

LegalCopyright    = Copyright Intel Corporation 1992-1997

OriginalFileName  = iyuv_32.dll.mui

ProductVersion    = 6.1.7600.16385

Microsoft RLE

FileDescription   = Microsoft RLE Compressor

InternalName      = msrle32.dll

OriginalFileName  = msrle32.dll.mui

Microsoft Video 1

FileDescription   = Microsoft Video 1 Compressor

InternalName      = msvidc32.dll

OriginalFileName  = msvidc32.dll.mui

MJPEG Compressor

MJPEG Decompressor

FileVersion       = 6.6.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

MPEG Video Decoder

ProductName       = Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

Mpeg4 Decoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media MPEG-4 Video Decoder

InternalName      = mpg4dmod.dll

OriginalFileName  = mpg4dmod.dll

Mpeg4 Decoder DMO

Mpeg43 Decoder DMO

Mpeg43 Decoder DMO

Mpeg4s Decoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media MPEG-4 S Video Decoder

InternalName      = mp4sdmod.dll

OriginalFileName  = mp4sdmod.dll.mui

Mpeg4s Decoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media MPEG-4 S Video Decoder

InternalName      = mp4sdmod.dll

OriginalFileName  = mp4sdmod.dll.mui

MSScreen 9 encoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Screen Encoder

InternalName      = wmvsencd.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmvsencd.dll

MSScreen 9 encoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Screen Encoder

InternalName      = wmvsencd.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmvsencd.dll

PBDA DTFilter

FileDescription   =  PTFilter & Encypter/Decrypter Tagger Filters.

InternalName      = CPFilters.dll

OriginalFileName  = CPFilters.dll.mui

VBI Surface Allocator

FileDescription   = VBI Surface Allocator Filter

InternalName      = VBISURF.AX

OriginalFileName  = VBISURF.AX

Video Port Manager

FileVersion       = 6.6.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

WMV Screen decoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Screen Decoder

InternalName      = wmvsdecd.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmvsdecd.dll

WMV Screen decoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Screen Decoder

InternalName      = wmvsdecd.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmvsdecd.dll

WMVideo Decoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Video Decoder

InternalName      = wmvdecod.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmvdecod.dll

WMVideo Decoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Video Decoder

InternalName      = wmvdecod.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmvdecod.dll

WMVideo8 Encoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Video Encoder

InternalName      = wmvxencd.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmvxencd.dll

WMVideo8 Encoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Video Encoder

InternalName      = wmvxencd.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmvxencd.dll

WMVideo9 Encoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Video 9 Encoder

InternalName      = wmvencod.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmvencod.dll

WMVideo9 Encoder DMO

CompanyName       = Microsoft Corporation

FileDescription   = Windows Media Video 9 Encoder

InternalName      = wmvencod.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmvencod.dll

Audio Codecs

------------

"What U Hear" (Creative SB X-Fi

InternalName      = QCap.dll

OriginalFileName  = QCap.dll.mui

ACM Wrapper

Auxiliary (Creative SB X-Fi)

CCITT A-Law

FileDescription   = Microsoft CCITT G.711 (A-Law and u-Law) CODEC for MSACM

InternalName      = Microsoft CCITT G.711 (A-Law and u-Law) CODEC for MSACM

OriginalFileName  = msg711.acm.mui

CCITT u-Law

FileDescription   = Microsoft CCITT G.711 (A-Law and u-Law) CODEC for MSACM

InternalName      = Microsoft CCITT G.711 (A-Law and u-Law) CODEC for MSACM

OriginalFileName  = msg711.acm.mui

Decklink Audio Capture

ProductVersion    = 7.4

Decrypt/Tag

FileDescription   =  XDSCodec & Encypter/Decrypter Tagger Filters.

InternalName      = EncDec.dll

OriginalFileName  = EncDec.dll.mui

Digital-In (Creative SB X-Fi)

GSM 6.10

FileDescription   = Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio CODEC for MSACM

InternalName      = Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio CODEC for MSACM

OriginalFileName  = msgsm32.acm.mui

IMA ADPCM

FileDescription   = IMA ADPCM CODEC for MSACM

InternalName      = IMA ADPCM CODEC for MSACM

OriginalFileName  = imaadp32.acm.mui

Line-In (Creative SB X-Fi)

Microphone (Creative SB X-Fi)

FileVersion      = 6.6.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

Microsoft ADPCM

FileDescription   = Microsoft ADPCM CODEC for MSACM

InternalName      = Microsoft ADPCM CODEC for MSACM

OriginalFileName  = msadp32.acm.mui

MP3 Decoder DMO

FileDescription   = Microsoft MP3 Decoder DMO

InternalName      = mp3dmod.dll

OriginalFileName  = mp3dmod.dll

MP3 Decoder DMO

FileDescription   = Microsoft MP3 Decoder DMO

InternalName      = mp3dmod.dll

OriginalFileName  = mp3dmod.dll

MPEG Audio Decoder

ProductName       = Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

MPEG Layer-3

FileVersion       = 1, 9, 0, 0401

CompanyName       = Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS

FileDescription   = MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM

InternalName      = l3codec.acm

LegalCopyright    = Copyright © 1996-1999 Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS

OriginalFileName  = l3codec.acm.mui

ProductName       = MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM

ProductVersion    = 1, 0, 0, 0

PBDA DTFilter

FileDescription   =  PTFilter & Encypter/Decrypter Tagger Filters.

InternalName      = CPFilters.dll

OriginalFileName  = CPFilters.dll.mui

PCM

FileDescription   = IMA ADPCM CODEC for MSACM

InternalName      = IMA ADPCM CODEC for MSACM

OriginalFileName  = imaadp32.acm.mui

WM Speech Encoder DMO

FileVersion       = 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

FileDescription   = Windows Media Audio Voice Encoder

InternalName      = wmspdmoe.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmspdmoe.dll

WM Speech Encoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Audio Voice Encoder

InternalName      = wmspdmoe.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmspdmoe.dll

WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Audio Decoder

InternalName      = wmadmod.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmadmod.dll

WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO

WMAudio Decoder DMO

WMAudio Decoder DMO

WMAudio Encoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Audio 10 Encoder/Transcoder

InternalName      = wmadmoe.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmadmoe.dll

WMAudio Encoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Audio 10 Encoder/Transcoder

InternalName      = wmadmoe.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmadmoe.dll

WMSpeech Decoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Audio Voice Decoder

InternalName      = wmspdmod.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmspdmod.dll

WMSpeech Decoder DMO

FileDescription   = Windows Media Audio Voice Decoder

InternalName      = wmspdmod.dll

OriginalFileName  = wmspdmod.dll

Broken Codecs

-------------

"MainConcept (Adobe2) AAC Decoder"

FileName       = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\ad2daac.ax"

"MainConcept (Adobe2) H.264/AVC Decoder"

FileName       = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\ad2dsh264.ax"

"MainConcept (Adobe2) H.264/AVC Video Encoder"

FileName       = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\ad2evh264.ax"

"MainConcept (Adobe2) MPEG Audio Encoder"

FileName       = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\ad2mceampeg.ax"

"MainConcept (Adobe2) MPEG Video Encoder"

FileName       = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\ad2mcevmpeg.ax"

Blackmagic 10 bit 4:2:2 Codec

FileName       = C:\Windows\system32\C:\PROGRA~2\BLACKM~1\BLACKM~1\BMDCOD~1.DLL

Blackmagic 10 bit 4:4:4 Codec

Blackmagic 8 bit MJPEG Codec

FileName       = C:\Windows\system32\C:\PROGRA~2\BLACKM~1\BLACKM~1\BMDCOD~2.DLL

Blackmagic HD 8 bit 4:2:2 Codec

Blackmagic SD 8 bit 4:2:2 Codec

FileName       = C:\Windows\system32\C:\PROGRA~2\BLACKM~1\BLACKM~1\BMDCOD~1.DLL

• 21. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync

2. I downloaded the HDVSplit applications captured a sample via Firewire as you suggested. The output look good when played in windows media player, so I imported it into Premiere and it plays back choppy and out of sync.

Sequence settings were:

General

Editing mode: HDV 1080p

Timebase: 29.97fps

Video Settings

Frame size: 1440h 1080v (1.3333)

Frame rate: 29.97 frames/second

Pixel Aspect Ratio: HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.333)

Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

Audio Settings

Sample rate: 48000 samples/second

I rendered  the timeline and it still plays back choppy. Thoughts?

• 22. Re: CS4 - Can't edit - Jerky footage and audio out of sync
                                                  Harm Millaard Level 7

The CPU is the problem. It is underpowered for HDV material.