4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2007 1:05 PM by SymTsb

    Identifer Expected Error

    SoftballGrl Level 1
      Hi!

      I'm updating a flash file that makes action script calls to two .as files. The only thing I'm doing is adding new names to the names.as file. But when I publish the flash file to an .exe, I keep getting an Identifier Expected error. I've tried in three versions of flash as well as published using as 1, 2 and 3, but still get the errors. Everything worked fine last year when we updated this file so I'm wondering if someone can help.

      The flash file has this script in the opening frame:

      fscommand("fullscreen", "true");
      fscommand("allowscale", "false");
      fscommand("showmenu", "false");

      #include "names.as"
      #include "hm.as"

      The action script files are attached. hm.as is first, names.as is second.

        • 1. Re: Identifer Expected Error
          SymTsb Level 2
          are you trying to update the file to AS3 or still AS2 with changes to other content?

          If AS3, I'd expect you to be getting a lot more errors etc. so just let me know.
          • 2. Re: Identifer Expected Error
            SoftballGrl Level 1
            Ideally, I'd like it to be AS3 since that's the version of Flash I currenty have. There are probably more errors, but it won't get past the first one.
            • 3. Re: Identifer Expected Error
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              once it gets past the first one, it will hit the second. and then many more.

              you need to read about as3. there are so many changes going from as3 to as2, that you have more than a few lines that need to be changed. in fact, there are very few lines that won't need to be changed.
              • 4. Re: Identifer Expected Error
                SymTsb Level 2
                The problem is more than likely the absence of fscommand if this is an AS3 project. Add the following above the fscommand calls...

                import flash.system.fscommand;

                Then I'm guess the next issue is going to be #include. No such directive exists in AS3. You now use packages and import the code. Like we said, there are numerous issues. If you need help with the migration, e-mail me mike@sd-dezign.com and I'll look at your file tonight when I get home.