7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2007 7:40 AM by Doc Raman

More sprite channels

LINiLund Level 1
      Hi, I'm building a planning simulator and need a lot of graphic objects. 1000 sprite channels is not enough. Any suggestions?
      /Lars i Lund
        • 1. Re: More sprite channels
          Level 7
          I believe tat 1000 channels is all you will get. You will need to do
          some creative thinking in order to combine things. You can use imaging
          lingo, for instance, to make a single sprite with the images of several
          things. Or you can use a 3d member with overlays. It all depends on
          what your program does and how it works. But I must say that if you are
          using 1000 channels, then you are probably not doing it in the best way.
          • 2. Re: More sprite channels
            LINiLund Level 1
            The plan has more than 250 workorders that shall be produced on 5 workcenters. Each WO on the plan should be selectable. I cannot see that this can be done any other way?
            • 3. Re: More sprite channels
              Level 7
              Do you need to show all the workorders of all the workcenters at the
              same time? If not, then you do not need to have them all in different
              channels. If you do, then I'm guessing that each graphic is really
              really small (I mean if you are going to fit 1250 graphics onto the
              screen, you need either a huge screen or tiny graphics...). On screens
              that require all those graphics, you may be able to make a smaller
              simplified graphic either before or at runtime that you can display, and
              only show the full 250 after you select each workcenter.
              • 4. Re: More sprite channels
                LINiLund Level 1
                I use a lot of pixsels 1280x1024, and it is no problem to show all workorder for the 5 workcenters at the same time. The users needs to see a full day and contains more that 1000 objects. I'm afraid.
                • 5. Re: More sprite channels
                  Level 7

"LINiLund" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:fb13q0$nb6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  >I use a lot of pixsels 1280x1024, and it is no problem to show all
                  >workorder for the 5 workcenters at the same time. The users needs to see a
                  >full day and contains more that 1000 objects. I'm afraid.

Hi,
                  please do not ask the same question in multiple places.
                  I just answered your question in the Lingo group.

I think your approach is wrong.

Richard.

• 6. Re: More sprite channels
                    AlinaX
                    quote:

Originally posted by: LINiLund
                    Hi, I'm building a planning simulator and need a lot of graphic objects. 1000 sprite channels is not enough. Any suggestions?
                    /Lars i Lund

1000 sprite channels are not enough??? OMG.
                    Keep in mind: more than 40-50 sprites is a very bad idea (poor performances).
                    Richard is right: your approach is wrong.
                    • 7. Re: More sprite channels
                      Doc Raman Level 1
                      Cross posting in forums...not good. See my response in Lingo.