1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 28, 2010 3:02 PM by the_wine_snob

Help with CS4 encoding to FLV with Alpha

scott mackenzie Level 1

Hi,

I have an 8 second 1920x1080 (from sony ex3) clip I keyed in after effects and brought into Premiere CS4 - size 1.72GB

I want to export to Flash with Alpha channel.

A couple of questions-

1. Format FLV - codec On2 vp6 - size 1920x1080 frame rate 25fps progressive and bitrate 5mbps

File size is 5MB? Is that correct?

2. I am wanting to export this so I can have the clips played on top of a web page. Do I need to resize to a smaller size here (dimensions) or later?

3. If people are watching these videos and I encode them at 5Mbps. Will they be ok if there connection is only 756kbps? Or should I encode the clips at that lower bitrate?

Many thanks

scott

• 1. Re: Help with CS4 encoding to FLV with Alpha
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Scott,

I assume that you have found the Export with Alpha Channel, so you should be good to go there.

As for the sizing of the FLV, I would do that in the Export settings. You might want to discuss the exact dimensions with the Web designer, who will be using your file. The last thing that I would want to have to do is resize an FLV, as it is designed as a delivery-only format. Yes, they can be edited, but as with other delivery formats, things can get messy in a hurry.

Good luck,

Hunt