12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2010 3:14 PM by Harm Millaard

Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]

nikokanakis Level 1

Hello,

There was an original thread about this error [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127] , but the one "fix" (to turn off User Accounts in the control panel) that worked for a couple did not work for me.

I am running Premiere Pro CS4 on Windows Vista.  It was working fine a week ago, and then Vista had some automatic updates and I cannot start it from any shortcut or the original location. I was thinking of doing a clean install, but forgot that you actually have to open the program and first deregister the product, which I cannot do since the program will not open.

The "fix" suggested was to turn off User Accounts which I have disabled, restarted my computer and it still did not work. I have sent numerous crash reports and will be calling Adobe this week if I can't find a solution. I am stumped!

Any other suggestions, please?

Thank You

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
          Wil Renczes Adobe Employee

Try this:

1) Open a DOS command prompt in administrator mode (ie Start - All Programs - Accessories - right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator)

2) type the following:

cd "Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4"   <enter>

regsvr32 MediaCoreMarshall.dll  <enter>

If that doesn't work, then yeah, you probably want to reinstall, as there's other components that might not be registered correctly with the OS.  Try launching one of the other installed apps (Encore or Onlocation?), as they all should have the serial number unregistation options.

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
            nikokanakis Level 1

Yes, thank you this worked. But, please be aware in the directory address that MARSHALL has one "L" too many and it should be MARSHAL, it took us a bit to figure that out, but now it works fine.
            Thank you Adobe staff!!!

-nik

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
              shooternz Level 6

Well done guys.  That level of question and assistance (from Adobe) is unprecedented.

Great result and very encouraging for the future of this forum.

• 4. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
                nikokanakis Level 1

Okay. So, yes, I am still thankful for helping me solve that but now I have another problem which is possibly related.

Premiere Pro CS4 seems to be working fine now, but I went to export a sequence today and it fails everytime. I have tried different sequences, different sequences in different projects as well as multiple settings.  I also installed the 30 day trial version of After Effects after I had "fixed" Premiere Pro, not thinking to also test out Media Encoder.

So, my question is:  Is the failure of Media Encoder to encode anything a result of my initial problem? Or, does it have something to do with installing a trial version of After Effects (although I opted NOT to install Media Encoder during installation since I already had it)?

Would you recommend a clean install and uninstall trial version (I'm hanging for CS5 to come out....)?

Thanks (again),

nikoletta

• 5. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
                  nikokanakis Level 1

Well, the Media Encoder actually works if I choose any video that's NOT in Premiere and want to encode it into something else. Apparently it can't find the media source location. Here is the error message.  Although, I have never changed the location and it has worked fine until I had the previous problem. The only other thing I can think of is that I permanently trashed m prefs folder (*doh* slaps forehead).  Otherwise, nothing has changed and it will not encode anything I exported nor send it to Encore.

Thanks,

Nik

ERROR MESSAGE BELOW:

- Source File: C:\Users\DANIKO\AppData\Local\Temp\New Cat Videos_4.prproj
                  - Output File: F:\ADOBE PREMIERE PROJECT FILES\DEMO REEL Project Files\Sequence 03.wmv
                  - Preset Used: NTSC Source to High Quality Download
                  - Video:
                  - Audio:
                  - Bitrate:
                  - Encoding Time: 01:39:00
                  3/7/2010 1:14:25 PM : Encoding Failed
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.

- Source File: C:\Users\DANIKO\Desktop\Cat Videos (early 2010)\MVI_0901.AVI
                  - Output File: C:\Users\DANIKO\Desktop\MVI_0901 test.wmv
                  - Preset Used: NTSC Source to High Quality Download
                  - Video: 720x480, 29.970 [fps]
                  - Audio:  96 kbps, 48 kHz, stereo VBR
                  - Bitrate: Compressed, VBR, 2 Pass, Audiences:1, Avg 1500.00 [kbps]
                  - Encoding Time: 00:00:10
                  3/7/2010 1:21:17 PM : Encoding Failed
                  -------------------------------------
                  The Operation was interrupted by user
                  -------------------------------------

- Source File: C:\Users\DANIKO\AppData\Local\Temp\New Cat Videos_5.prproj
                  - Output File: F:\ADOBE PREMIERE PROJECT FILES\DEMO REEL Project Files\Sequence 03.avi
                  - Preset Used: NTSC DV
                  - Video:
                  - Audio:
                  - Bitrate:
                  - Encoding Time: 00:00:28
                  3/7/2010 1:21:35 PM : Encoding Failed
                  Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.

• 6. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
                    nikokanakis Level 1

I just tried uninstalling After Effects Trial version, restarted computer and it is still not working and giving me the same error. AME cannot find the source file path.

I've been reading through other forums on this known problem, but solutions provided do not work for me, yet.

Thanks,

nik

• 7. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
                      Wil Renczes Adobe Employee

So these are some of the other components that I was referring to that are registered by Premiere's installer.  They're somehow missing on your system.

Give this a shot - if you're still having problems after this, my only recourse to you is to reinstall CS4.

Again, in a command prompt, 'cd' to this folder location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\dynamiclink\

Run the following three commands:

dynamiclinkmanager.exe /REGSERVER
                      processcoordinationserver.exe /REGSERVER
                      regsvr32 dynamiclinkmarshal.dll

Good luck!

Wil

• 8. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
                        nikokanakis Level 1

Thanks for the luck, Wil, but it seems as if I will commence the much dreaded reinstall.  BLAH!

To be continued...

• 9. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
                          nikokanakis Level 1

Hello again,

I reinstalled Premiere Pro CS4 (on WIN Vista). The first attempt failed, but after turning off my firewall it worked again.

I opened an old project and tried "relinking" footage back to the original files (because they were offline) but that didn't work. I then tried replacing footage adn that didn't work either. I then tried importing the file and I got the error:

The videos I was trying to import are the original videos and it does not recognize the .avi format. I was reading a bit about this and I'm thinking I am missing some codecs or plugins that were uninstalled along with the program.  Also, I tried taking that same video putting it in AME (which worked) and then encoding it into an .avi (and that worked) but when I tried to import that encoded .avi video, Premiere Pro gave me the same error as below.

Please, I don't know what's going on with my PPro or AME, but it's driving me nuts. I have never had all these problems until I had some automatic Vista updates and installed the trial version of After Effects (which has since be uninstalled).

Help me, anyone?

Thanks,

nik

File Format Not Supported.jpg

• 10. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
                            Harm Millaard Level 7

Time to do the installation correctly:

1. Turn off firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.

2. Run as administrator and take all the following steps:

a. Deactivate

b. Uninstall both AE trial and the suite

c. Run Clean Script CS4 (search the KB)

d. Reboot

e. Repeat c. and d.

f. Repeat c. and d.

g. Install the full version

h. Activate

i. Get all updates and install

3. Turn all programs from step 1 on again.

Deactivate and activate may not be necessary, but since it is very fast, no reason to take any chances.

1 person found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
                              nikokanakis Level 1

EVERYTHING IS FINE!!!

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all of your help and acting as a sound board.  I did the re-install and decided to look for updates.  *Doh* (slaps forhead).  It turns out my installation disks were Adobe 4.0.0 and I needed four updates for PPro AND four updates for AME. Now, everything seems to be back to normal. I am still going to do a clean install and put on Windows 7. I believe Vista just has too many bugs and I will break down and buy the Production Suite CS5 when it's released. (I'm hoping that will be April 2010).

Thanks everyone.

Problem solved.

Nik

• 12. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 (Vista) error  [..\..\SRC\ImporterProcessClient.cpp-127]
                                Harm Millaard Level 7

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but DO NOT upgrade to Win7 using the upgrade tool.

Go for a fresh format and install of everything. Deactivate CS4 before you do that.

1 person found this helpful