3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2016 6:06 AM by Jon Fritz II

Stop flash Autoplay

McKee Design

I have placed a video FLV on my page in Dreamweaver. This has a skin with play stop etc. I  Dreamweaver, I have unchecked autoplay and loop in the property. But when I go to the browser, my video plays automatically. Would anyone know how to disable the auto play and have it set so that it only plays when the play button is clicked on?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Stop flash Autoplay
          PBrockington

I have the same question. It's years later and you still haven't gotten a response.

Here's how my code is written.

<embed src="DLW promo.mp4" width="320" height="256" controls="true" pluginspage="http://artspectrum.org/DLW_promo.mp4" >

<video class="embed-responsive-item"  controls>

<source src="http://artspectrum.org.DLW_promo.mp4"></embed>

Autoplay is still functional.I'd like to turn it off. How do I do that?

• 2. Re: Stop flash Autoplay
            BenPleysier Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is not a Dreamweaver question, it has to do with what you put in <embed> like autostart="false" or similar.

• 3. Re: Stop flash Autoplay
              Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There's really no reason to use the old <embed> fallback anymore unless you absolutely must support ancient browsers like IE8 and lower. To have an <embed> fallback, it should be inside the <video> tag anyway, along with an <object> tag...

<video width="320" height="240" controls poster="Your_poster_image.jpg">

<source src="myvideo.mp4" type="video/mp4" />

<object width="320" height="240">

<param name="movie" value="myvideo.swf" />

<embed src="myvideo.swf" width="320" height="240"></embed>

<p>Your browser is ridiculously old, come on, get with the times.</p>

</object>

</video>

The <video> tag would be enough for all modern browsers using just the .mp4:

HTML5 Video

HTML video Tag