4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2010 11:17 PM by Kevin j uk

PE8 Update were?

Kevin j uk

Hi chad

Sorry I can't find the patch any were

• 1. Re: PE8 Update were?
          morgandj

From what I have read it's only available via the Adobe Updater in the program.

• 2. Re: PE8 Update were?
            Kevin j uk Level 1

Thanks I thought it would be something like that, it's a pain when they do this as my computer at home is not attached to the internet, so I have to drag it in to work and do this sort of thing

Many thanks

Kevin

>>> morgandj <forums@adobe.com> 01/03/2010 11:17 >>>

From what I have read it's only available via the Adobe Updater in the program.

• 3. Re: PE8 Update were?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

What Adobe does is first release the updates for the AutoUpdater. It takes several additional days to package it with an installer for download. My guess is that today, or tomorrow (Monday or Tuesday), it will be also available as a download with a built-in installation routine. Normally, it's 3-4 working days to get that package together.

I feel that as soon as this other version is ready and posted to the Adobe.com site, Chad, or others, will furnish a URL to download that. You could get this at work, burn to a CD, or maybe DVD, and then install it on the home unit, without the Internet connection.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: PE8 Update were?
                Kevin j uk Level 1

Hi Bill

Thanks for that it is good to know.

We seem to spend hours puting these programs wright and the extra cost of having to have internet connection, it's about time software providers up there game no other industry would get away with it.

>>> Bill Hunt <forums@adobe.com> 01/03/2010 16:15 >>>

What Adobe does is first release the updates for the AutoUpdater. It takes several additional days to package it with an installer for download. My guess is that today, or tomorrow (Monday or Tuesday), it will be also available as a download with a built-in installation routine. Normally, it's 3-4 working days to get that package together.

I feel that as soon as this other version is ready and posted to the Adobe.com site, Chad, or others, will furnish a URL to download that. You could get this at work, burn to a CD, or maybe DVD, and then install it on the home unit, without the Internet connection.

Good luck,

Hunt