1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2010 10:53 AM by Michael Thornburgh

Does the videoPhoneLabs needs our self server(with the cgi) or can we use the one of adobe ?

BaptistePottier

many hours now i try to make it works...

i  have a key,  the connect url seems to be the same for everybody but about the webservice url, i'm not sure...

i retrieve a webservice url ("rtmfp://stratus.adobe.com/3ba2592ee4fffe ......) but if i understand we need to vahe our self server ? i don't understand this point ? if i try to run the application i have this error :

----------------------------------------

[SWF] C:\Users\Baptiste\Downloads\VideoPhoneLabs\bin-debug\VideoPhoneLabs.swf - 1 638 834 bytes after decompression
      ScriptDebug: Player: WIN 10,0,45,2

ScriptDebug: Connecting to rtmfp://stratus.adobe.com

ScriptDebug: NetConnection event: NetConnection.Connect.Success

ScriptDebug: Connected, my ID: f9f86b5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxedaa74ba57eda

ScriptDebug: ID event: idManagerError

ScriptDebug: Error description: HTTP error: (mx.messaging.messages::ErrorMessage)#0
        body = ""
        clientId = "DirectHTTPChannel0"
        correlationId = "01C583F4-0B60-B598-5E3C-1A2BE6DDB1AB"
        destination = ""
        extendedData = (null)
        faultCode = "Server.Error.Request"
        faultDetail = "Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Erreur de flux. URL: rtmfp://stratus.adobe.com/3baxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3e893d0d/?identity=f9f86b5xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxedaa74ba57eda&username=baptistewxc"]. URL: rtmfp://stratus.adobe.com/3baxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3e893d0d/"
        faultString = "HTTP request error"
        headers = (Object)#1
          DSStatusCode = 0
        messageId = "95307C6D-9100-2D06-1924-1A2BE6FEC57C"
        rootCause = (flash.events::IOErrorEvent)#2
          bubbles = false
          cancelable = false
          currentTarget = (flash.net::URLLoader)#3
            bytesLoaded = 0
            bytesTotal = 0
            data = ""
            dataFormat = "text"
          eventPhase = 2
          target = (flash.net::URLLoader)#3
          text = "Error #2032: Erreur de flux. URL: rtmfp://stratus.adobe.com/3ba2592xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxd/?identity=f9fxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa57eda&username=baptistewxc"
          type = "ioError"
        timestamp = 0
        timeToLive = 0

ScriptDebug: Disconnecting.
      ------------------------------------------------------------

so can i make it work in flex without having y self webserver ? and if no i don't understand the procedure with the cgi file in the pak i just downloaded (but in this case i will stop my test.

Thank you, i realy would make it work i find this protocole really interesting (RTMPF)

• 1. Re: Does the videoPhoneLabs needs our self server(with the cgi) or can we use the one of adobe ?
          Michael Thornburgh Adobe Employee

you must supply your own web service for VideoPhoneLabs.  the web service is distinct from the RTMFP connect URI.  the web service will be an HTTP or HTTPS service, not RTMFP.

the reg.cgi script included with VideoPhoneLabs is a simple example web service that can store names and peerIDs in a simple database and answer queries.  it is expected that that script would be installed in your web server's cgi-bin directory, the script modified to access the database file (wherever you place it), and you must also initialize the SQLite3 database with the schema at the front of the script in its comments.

other people have ported the script to PHP and probably other languages.