5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2010 11:32 AM by Lilybiri

Pre-test,post-test in project

Jame ion

Hi,

I  try  to  create  CAI by captivate3. The project contain

1. 10 items pre-test

2. Lesson

3. 10 items  post-test

My problem is I  cannot separate in post-test from the pre-test. That  is  when  I  insert 10 items  multiple  choice  post-test  after  lesson, Quiz  result slide  will  automatically  after  the  post - test  slide  and  then  make  it  20 items.

I  want  to  separate  the  pre-test's  quiz  result  slide  from  the  post-test's.

How  can  I  operate  it?

Thanks  a  lot

• 1. Re: Pre-test,post-test in project
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hello,

It will be necessary to have the pre- and post-test in different files to have the results separately. With CP4 it could be possible to have a solution in the same file, using variables and advanced actions, but that is not possible in CP3.

Lilybiri

• 2. Re: Pre-test,post-test in project
            Jame ion Level 1

Could  you please  explain me step by step?

I  apologize  but  I  just  learn  about  this.  I  need  more  detail  step  by  step  so  that  I  can  follow  it.  Thanks  a  lot.

• 3. Re: Pre-test,post-test in project

Which version of CP do you use?

I mean that you create a CP-file with the pre-test, it will then report the score for this test OK.

Make a second file for your lesson, eventually you can add the post-test in this same file and it will report the score of this post-test. Or you create the post-test in a third file.

You will have to chain them together: in CP4 you can use the Aggregator, or you make a short CP-file functioning as a sort of menu in which you put links to the three (or two) other files.

Hope this makes sense (what is your native language?)

Lilybiri

• 4. Re: Pre-test,post-test in project
                Jame ion Level 1

Hi  Lilybiri

I'm  Thai. I use  cp4. I'm  not  sure you understand my poor English or not?

Anyway, I followed your advise to make  3  files  as follows:

First --> pre-test + Lesson

Second -->  post- test

Third --> Main menu

For  the  main  menu, I  made  a  button  to  link  to  pre-test  and post-test  by  choosing

"open url or file"  I  can  preview  this  in  my  computer  but  I  can't  preview  the  link (pre-test and post-test)  in

another  computer.

Could  you  provide  me  software  simulation  step  by  step?

Thank  you

• 5. Re: Pre-test,post-test in project

Hello,

I'm not a native English speaker myself, hope I did not hurt you by asking. It is not easy to explain in another language, sometimes I could help in another language but Thai, no that is not possible at all; was in Thailand long ago, very kind people.

About your question: first of all, did you install the update for CP4? Open the menu Help, choose Updates.

In 'Open URL or File' you need to have a relative path, this means only the file name, no indication like c:\MyDocuments\My Adobe Captivate Projects\... Just delete that part. Or, instead of browsing for the file (using the ellipsis '...') type only the file name (CP-file) in.

Be sure to have the 3 files in the same folder. When publishing you need to have them in the same folder too.

Hope you can understand what I tried to explain.

Lilybiri