5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2010 12:00 PM by the_wine_snob

Prm Pro CS4 not seeing HD

FTI Level 1

I just had my machine upgraded to Windows 7. When I reloaded my production bundle with Premiere Pro CS4, Premiere will not see anything related to HD files. Any ideas?

THX,

C

• 1. Re: Prm Pro CS4 not seeing HD
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Deactivate, uninstall, run Clean Script CS4 2 or 3 times, rebooting between each run, install, activate and update. If you are running the trial, nothing can be done about the issue, since, as is clearly stated on the Adobe site, nothing MPEG is supported in the trial version.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Prm Pro CS4 not seeing HD
            FTI Level 1

Thanks- That may be it. I reinstalled- It is an upgrade and I haven't fully registered because it is asking me for the serial of my previous version. My discs are around somewhere I just have to located them yet.

• 3. Re: Prm Pro CS4 not seeing HD
              Harm Millaard Level 7

Please let us know if this solved your issue. It is known that sometimes updating to the latest version has caused the suite to revert to trial status and thereby removing all HD capabilities. Mostly, this happened when the installation was corrupt to start with.

• 4. Re: Prm Pro CS4 not seeing HD
                FTI Level 1

I found my serial number- The last time I loaded though I did have an issue that Premiere Pro CS4 wouldn't capture or recognize my HD deck or camera. Once I punch in my serial and get it off trial mode- I'll let you know. Thanks for your help.

C

• 5. Re: Prm Pro CS4 not seeing HD
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, some, who have experienced the "revert to trial" problem, have found that after they do the uninstall/Clean Script (per the instructions several times)/reinstall, they do better by immediately applying all updates/patches, prior to even launching PrPro.

Good luck,

Hunt