2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2010 8:00 AM by desertdirk

expanding bindings results in internal error 500

desertdirk

I have been searching for a solution for this all over. And I see others with the same problem but no answers.

I have set up dreamweaver cs4 and my remote site and testing site. I can create and connect to the mysql database. I can create server behaviors and record sets. But when I try to expand the record set in the bindings tab I get an "Datasources Error HTTP Error Code 500 Internal Server Error". This is a dialog box that comes up inside of dreamweaver. This is not an error in the browser.

Please help

DD

• 1. Re: expanding bindings results in internal error 500
          desertdirk Level 1

Ok fixed for now.

For a very long time I have been using my web hosting service as the test server in Dreamweaver and this worked fine. Until now. So I changed the test server to my local machine and bingo, the bindings show up with no errors.

I hate when something unknown changes like that.

Anyway, thanks for your trying to help

Dirk

• 2. Re: expanding bindings results in internal error 500
            desertdirk Level 1

ok

Another solution if others are looking. if you do not have an .htaccess file in your root, put one there and add:

<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule >

This turns off security, so when you are finished working with dreamweaver, comment out those lines so that it looks like this:

#<ifModule mod_security.c>

#SecFilterEngine Off

#SecFilterScanPOST Off

#<IfModule>

you will have to do this each time you use dreamweaver if you have your host set as the testing server.