2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2010 8:00 AM by desertdirk

    expanding bindings results in internal error 500

    desertdirk

      I have been searching for a solution for this all over. And I see others with the same problem but no answers.

       

      I have set up dreamweaver cs4 and my remote site and testing site. I can create and connect to the mysql database. I can create server behaviors and record sets. But when I try to expand the record set in the bindings tab I get an "Datasources Error HTTP Error Code 500 Internal Server Error". This is a dialog box that comes up inside of dreamweaver. This is not an error in the browser.

      Please help

      DD

        • 1. Re: expanding bindings results in internal error 500
          desertdirk Level 1

          Ok fixed for now.

           

          For a very long time I have been using my web hosting service as the test server in Dreamweaver and this worked fine. Until now. So I changed the test server to my local machine and bingo, the bindings show up with no errors.

           

          I hate when something unknown changes like that.

          Anyway, thanks for your trying to help

          Dirk

          • 2. Re: expanding bindings results in internal error 500
            desertdirk Level 1

            ok

            Another solution if others are looking. if you do not have an .htaccess file in your root, put one there and add:

             

            <IfModule mod_security.c>

            SecFilterEngine Off

            SecFilterScanPOST Off

            </IfModule >

             

            This turns off security, so when you are finished working with dreamweaver, comment out those lines so that it looks like this:

             

            #<ifModule mod_security.c>

            #SecFilterEngine Off

            #SecFilterScanPOST Off

            #<IfModule>

             

            you will have to do this each time you use dreamweaver if you have your host set as the testing server.