I'm using DW8 v8.0.2 on Windows XP Home Edition SP1. I have
created a frameset by doing the following:
- Select File>New from menu bar
- Select Framesets category
- Select Fixed Top, Nested Left in Framesets column
- Select Create
Then, I add a Flash Button in the leftFrame and target the
mainFrame by doing the following:
- Select Insert>Media>Flash Button on menu bar
- Select Blip Arrow
- Set text to Information
- Set Size to 12
- Select my information.htm file from Browse button of Link
- Select mainFrame from Target box drop-down list
- Enter information.swf as filename in Save as box
- Select OK
Then, I select File>Save All
When I preview in a browser, I select the button & the
content opens in a new browser window instead of the mainFrame
frame. The same happens if I select leftFrame as target. However,
_top, _self, _parent, and _blank seem to work well. I renamed
mainFrame to contentFrame & it made no difference. I tried it
in IE and Netscape, no difference, except Netscape is a lot faster.
Tried text links to do the same thing & they work fine.
Tried other flash buttons and they behave the same as Blip Arrow
Saw several discussions on web & in this forum, but no
solutions. Searched Knowledgebase, no solutions.
Saw some attempts at solutions dealing with button code, but
DW8 creates .swf file & button code is not editable.
I've encountered the same problem. This can't possibly be a
bug ... it's too common a function. I've noticed there has been no
reply to your posting. Have you figured out the solution from