3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2010 7:50 PM by brit chic

Can't adjust (lessen) the space above text in div sidebar...

brit chic

... and it looks like even more space when I f-12 than it does in the dreamweaver workspace

I have tried everything and nothing will lessen the space between the top of the text header and the top of the sidebar

here is the link, and I am referring to the beige sidebars on either side of the site:

http://www.houndsonholiday.ca/index1.html

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Gaynor

• 1. Re: Can't adjust (lessen) the space above text in div sidebar...
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

IE Conditional Comment (around line 156)

<!--[if IE]>
          <style type="text/css">
          /* place css fixes for all versions of IE in this conditional comment */
          .thrColFixHdr #sidebar2, .thrColFixHdr #sidebar1 { padding-top: 30px; }
          .thrColFixHdr #mainContent { zoom: 1; }
          /* the above proprietary zoom property gives IE the hasLayout it needs to avoid several bugs */
          </style>
          <![endif]-->

Are you viewing with in IE8?

As a guess, this fix may be required for IE7 and below. It's not required for IE8 as far as I can see.

Try:

<!--[if lt IE 8]>
          <style type="text/css">
          /* place css fixes for all versions of IE lower than IE8 in this conditional comment */
          .thrColFixHdr #sidebar2, .thrColFixHdr #sidebar1 { padding-top: 30px; }
          .thrColFixHdr #mainContent { zoom: 1; }
          /* the above proprietary zoom property gives IE the hasLayout it needs to avoid several bugs */
          </style>
          <![endif]-->

• 2. Re: Can't adjust (lessen) the space above text in div sidebar...
            brit chic Level 1

Thanks John,

How do I know what version I have?

Also, even before previewing I can't seem to reduce the space between the

top of the text and the top of the sidebar it sits in... shouldn't it be

able to hit the top of the sidebar with some sort of adjustment of the

space?

Thanks,

Gaynor

• 3. Re: Can't adjust (lessen) the space above text in div sidebar...
              brit chic Level 1

It did work! Thanks... It still doesn't go to the top but looks much much

better

Thanks so much!

Gaynor