I have trimmed many projects in the past using the project manager in CS3 and not had much trouble.
I am experiencing problems trimming a project now. I believe it is because I have many large TGA sequences.
These are the settings I have enabled
- Create new trimmed project
- Exclude unused clips
- Include handles of 30 frames (tried this both off and on)
- Rename media (tried this both off and on)
When the project manager tries to trim the project, the following occurs:
1) It analyses the project and begins the trim
2) It gives an error stating
"The following file could not be found during the Project Manager operation: \\?\w:\xxxxxxx\"trimmed project title"_001\xxxxxxxx\xxxxxxx.tga
3) In the folder where the trimmed project was supposed to be created, there exist two folders: the correctly titled trim folder (\trimmed_xxx\) and another folder (\trimmed_xxx_001\).
Each Folder contains many empty folders named after my footage, some named "xxx_01" and some named "xxx_001".
Only one folder contains any TGAs, which is the one mentioned in the error.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Has anyone else got a work around?
I've experienced this too. The only work around I've found that succeeds is to change "Created New Trimmed Propject" to "Collect Files and Copy to New Location". It doesn't result in quite as tidy a project but at least it gets the job done.