2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2010 12:51 AM by bchalupka-syPD9H

Casting problem

bchalupka-syPD9H

Sometimes after a build I get a lot of errors of this kind or similar:

1067: Implicit coercion of a value of type mx.events:CollectionEvent to an unrelated type flash.events:Event.

After I clean the project it works again.

Some days ago it started to happen very often so that I got to clean the projects all the time and it's a bit time consuming.

Is there a fix for this behaviour?

• 1. Re: Casting problem
          John Hall Level 4

So are you actually dispatching a collection event and typing it as a  generic event? Not that it couldn't work but it sounds like a warning worth paying attention to. Willing to share the code where this is happening?

• 2. Re: Casting problem
            bchalupka-syPD9H Level 1

I'm dispatching the CollectionEvents and in my listeners I handle them. So I never cast them to a Event. That's why I'm a bit confused =)

In general it's not only about CollectionEvents. It seems that the warning is shown for every event.

I would like so share some code to show this, but it only happens sometimes if my big library project is changed. So it seems that it's a problem with the library handling.

I tried recreating this problem in a simple project but unfortunately the error didn't occur.