6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2010 11:20 AM by f_robbo

Lightbox problem on live site

f_robbo

Hi, I have created a website featuring a lightbox on several pages.  This works fine when I preview them, but isn't working on the live website - can anyone help?

here's the link to a temporary page: http://www.vdubbers.co.uk/hoodies.html

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Lightbox problem on live site
          370H55V Level 4

Usually when lightbox works locally but not live, it's because there's a file missing, or misnamed. If it didn't put to the server, or if there's even a case dicsrepancy, it will show the behavior you see on the site. Checking the href image from the source code gives a 404 error, which could be either problem.

Double check all file names and be sure that the full size images went to the server and to the correct location.

• 2. Re: Lightbox problem on live site
            f_robbo Level 1

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I have checked the server and all the large files are definitely on there and in the correct location where the a href points to.

confused....

• 3. Re: Lightbox problem on live site
              hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hello,

• It's highly recommended to create for your Lightbox php- or html-files an own directory, here I use the name "LBX".
              • Put all the Lightbox-gif-files (nextlabel.gif, and so on) into a subdirectory, (you have to use the name "images"): that means now: "LBX/images".
              • Put your fotos for your slide show in an other subdirectory: LBX/slides.

After doing that everything should work.

Hans-G.

• 4. Re: Lightbox problem on live site
                370H55V Level 4

Again, case may be an issue. Some servers will put all folders to lower case, which is why it is a good idea not to use upper case in your local root folder names so they don't throw things off when they are put to a server which may change them.

I get this error when trying to access the large image:

The requested URL /Images/LBoxLarge/HUD1B.jpg was not found on this server.
                Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

That comes from either a missing file (which you have confirmed is NOT the case) or a bad file name/path name (folder or file name has been
                modified on putting it to the server)
                • 5. Re: Lightbox problem on live site
                  hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

ok why not use lowercase letters to be on the safe side, apart from that proceed on the analogy of my hint.

Hans-G.

• 6. Re: Lightbox problem on live site
                    f_robbo Level 1

This seems to be doing the trick - thanks