6 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2010 4:48 PM by johnfalky

adobe download manager blows

diggetydog Level 1

I have tried before and had to go through everything to try and get

this thing to work. I have purchased my third poduction suite and still have nothing but

problems with the download manager. I click on a link. it opens a window I accept the a

ctive x control and then I am given a window asying would you like to close the window.

Is the manager running at this point? Is it in a secret window........

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

I have know Idea what is running or what..

Do you guys have an Adobe air system for downloads..... Seriously. You guys make cool software but can't use it.

Terrrible!

• 1. Re: adobe download manager blows
          Andresvill2

what's your blog's URL?

i have tried downloading using two different computers, and nothing happens. Just the "close window" message.

• 2. Re: adobe download manager blows
            KarenStore Adobe Employee

Hi,

What version of IE are you running?

karen

• 3. Re: adobe download manager blows
              KarenStore Adobe Employee

hi,

this is an Internet Explorer 7 and 8 tab message.IE8tab.jpg

You can click yes and the download manager should start.

Karen

• 4. Re: adobe download manager blows
                johnfalky

These downloads and the "advice" is dead wrong. Even when you go to the Adobe netsite for

your downloads, it will automatically redirect you to the download netsite with the Akamai manager. This

akamai software is just a total loser, why can't anybody at Adobe catch on that they are mistreating their customers, like me who have been purchasing adobe

software for over 20 years. GET RID OF THAT AKAMAI SOFTWARE. Don't direct users to confusing guidelines. Make the software and the downloads work correctly, or replace the people who are turning this into the KATRINA version for Adobe. I have been unable to download my CS5 upgrade and its killing my entire weekend!!!

• 5. Re: adobe download manager blows
                  Andresvill2 Level 1

i found two ways to solve the downloading problem. (not the best solutions, but at least a solution...)

1) i used firefox (the only browser where the akamai software worked -- didn't work with ie nor chrome)

2) download directly without akamai. It requires editing the URL after clicking download.

• 6. Re: adobe download manager blows
                    johnfalky Level 1

Thanks for the help and the suggestions. But I did patches like this in the eighties and nineties, and considered them as part of the environment at that time. Now its 2010, I only want to be an end user and things need to work properly. Adobe is going to make MILLIONS of dollars from selling software to people like me and I want their downloads to function correctly. I do not work for Adobe.

Thanks,

John F.

Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 16:34:54 -0600

To: johnfalky@msn.com

Subject: adobe download manager blows

i found two ways to solve the downloading problem. (not the best solutions, but at least a solution...)

1) i used firefox (the only browser where the akamai software worked -- didn't work with ie nor chrome)

2) download directly without akamai. It requires editing the URL after clicking download.

>