5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2010 4:45 AM by David_F57

flex builder colour themes

nikos101 Level 2

Is there any way to switch flex builder IDE colour themes quickly without having to change everything manually?

• 1. Re: flex builder colour themes
          David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

Thats what css is supposed to do, or you could cheat, have several color constants like hilitecol, disablecol, hovercol, bordercol, bgcol etc and bind everything to them a quick read of an xml file updates the colors and all is done.

David.

• 2. Re: flex builder colour themes
            nikos101 Level 2

No I mean for the actual syantax coding stuff

• 3. Re: flex builder colour themes
              David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

Thats what happens when i'm stuffing my face with easter buns and responding to posts at the same time ,,, I misread stuff

I'll have a look at see how that works if its just an xml file you would think you could just replace it and then start builder again.

David.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: flex builder colour themes
                nikos101 Level 2

Maybe some guys here no of a cool plugin?

best wishes

Nikos

• 5. Re: flex builder colour themes
                  David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

The setting you change are stored in a .pref file, there is one for each category such as mxml, as etc.. only the changes you make are saved. You can actually go in and edit the color values and they will be picked up when you start FB.

this is the folder where all the values are kept, from this I figure any settings you make are saved in the workspace, this means you would need to ensure that you carry them over when creating a new workspace.

C:\Users\David\Adobe Flash Builder 4\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings

So all you need is a utility that could create these files for you then switch between them i.e set mymxmlpref.001 to mxml.pref.

Maybe thats a futre enhancement, ability to save and load settings files.

David.