1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2010 8:06 AM by Ned Murphy

Scrolling Images

tripleA999 Level 1

How I can create continuous scrolling (on mouse over ) for limited images (like 10 )

If I mouse over , in left it keeps scrolling images and even keep scrolling when 10 images completed by adding first image to the right

If I mouse over , in right it keeps scrolling images and even keep scrolling when 10 images completed by adding first image to the left

EXAMPLE : www.widgets.amazon [Scrolling  Slideshow ] 

• 1. Re: Scrolling Images
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You should try to search Google for a tutorial on "AS3 infinite scrolling menu"  (or use AS2 instead if that's you rintention).  The general features of the controls would be based on...

1. A MOUSE_MOVE event would trigger checking to see if the cursor is within an area of the stage that should scroll the images.

2. An ENTER_FRAME event that is initiated by the MOUSE_MOVE event handler (when in the scrolling area) that would continuously increment/decrement the images' positions in a for loop.  The ENTER_FRAME listener would also be removed when the MOUSE_MOVE detects the cursor is no longer in the scrolling area.

3.  If the incremented/decremented position of an image places it outside of the viewing area, then that image gets repositioned at the opposite end of the images.