8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 12:08 PM by the_wine_snob

Main menu ignored

frejageorge

Project with 2 videos.  First main marker is 4 secs in after short universal countdown, stop marker is at end of the first video. then 2 seconds black. Second main marker is at start of last video.  All looks fine in the selected template and previews OK. Choice of "play both" or "choose either".    "Apply" has been clicked and become "Done".

I go to start point on Timeline, click start,  Project begins but completely ignores the main menu going from Countdown right into the first video?

Prem Elems 4.0  Windows 7, 

• 1. Re: Main menu ignored
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you please post a screen-cap of your Timeline showing the placement of your Markers? Hint: you can use the little "camera" icon on the editing screen's Toolbar, lower-middle to attach the JPEG, so that others can see your exact navigation:

Adobe_Forum_Image.jpg

I also recommend using a JPEG compression of about a 9 in the Photoshop settings, so that things are readable. You can also Crop out areas of the screen, that do not apply.

Also, please list the exact Menu Set that you have chosen.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Main menu ignored
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You're clicking start from the timeline? If you do, then it will start from the beginning of the timeline.

If you're talking about launching your video from a DVD menu, the Play button on the main menu will start your project from the beginning of the timeline. There's nothing you can do to change that.

Do you have two links to your individual clips IN ADDITION TO that Play button? They should start from the locations of your main menu markers on the timeline rather than from the beginning of the timeline. But your Play button is always going to play your timeline from the beginning.

If you don't want your audience to see your countdown leader, you've got two choices. Either chop the leader off your video or get rid of your Play button.

Of the two, chopping off the countdown is much easier. Getting rid of the Play button means opening the template itself in Photohoshop Elements and deleting the layer set for the Play button. And that permanently changes the template -- and can be a bit intimidating if you don't know what you're doing.

• 3. Re: Main menu ignored
              frejageorge Level 1

Hi Bill, Thanks for your reply.   Screen shots by Faststone Capture. A red

marker is at the end of the second video.   Does this help?

The menu templates are listed in two parts - the one above and to its right

another with 4 spaces for selection, but only part 1 can be dragged across?

Regards

Peter

• 4. Re: Main menu ignored
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Peter,

I do not see any attached screen-caps. Make sure that they are in JPEG format, and then use the little "camera" icon to attach it. Navigate to the location on your system, and select the file. Also, I have seen that the forum often has trouble with files whose names contain a space. I have taken to using the underscore.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Main menu ignored
                  frejageorge Level 1

Hello again Steve (You've helped me before).

I have removed the countdown leader.  I start with the current time

indicator at the start then click the start button at centre below the

monitor. Away it goes without stopping at the menu as I expect to allow

choice  of  Play 1, Play 2, or play through 1 & 2

I will share the project to DVD when I'm sure it is going to work.

I have replied to Bill Hunt and sent him screen shots which I now copy to

you hoping you will spot if I am doing something wrong?    I can't drag the

second menu screen across to the monitor for editing - it just becomes the

first screen again, see attachment.

Regards

Peter Young

• 6. Re: Main menu ignored
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Did you place the Main Menu Maker (blue) at the beginning of your Timeline? That will tell the DVD where to go for the Menu.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Main menu ignored
                      frejageorge Level 1

Hi Bill

I'm not now sure what you mean by a "screen-cap"?  I assumed you wanted a

picture (screen-shot) of the relevant parts of the project.   The

attachments are all jpeg.  I'll send again without spaces.

Peter

• 8. Re: Main menu ignored
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, a screen-cap is a screen-shot. When doing this, either with a program like Snag-it, or via the Clipboard, just make sure that the important aspects of the program are shown, and then Crop out any extra parts of the image. I use PS for this, as I can easily annotate things with call-outs, arrows, and text, then Flatten (mine are in Layered form to begin with) and Save_As a JPEG. In PS, I use the 9 JPEG-compression setting to get a moderately small file, but still retain enough detail for others to read.

Good luck,

Hunt