1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 5:15 AM by David_Powers

Recommed CS4 or CS3 Book for CS3 User

sonomasp Level 1

Now that I've read through several CSS books, I decided to go back to DW for jazzing up

some pages, and using some of the new controls.

But since CS4 seemed to come out right after CS3, I was caught off guard, and now find

that all the book stores have CS4 books. Can anyone tell me if they had good experiences

using CS4 books with CS3. Are there only subtle differences?? Or will I get lost??

I mainly want a good book on using DW with CSS.

Thanks

Howard

• 1. Re: Recommed CS4 or CS3 Book for CS3 User
          David_Powers Adobe Community Professional

It's so long since I last used CS3, I can't remember all the differences, but the biggest changes regarding CSS are that the Property inspector in CS4 has a separate CSS mode, using a Targeted Rule field, and the New CSS Rule dialog box is considerably different.

Bricks and mortar bookstores might not have CS3 books available, but you should be able to get Mastering CSS with Dreamweaver CS3 by Stephanie Sullivan and Greg Rewis from an online store. My book, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3 with CSS, Ajax, and PHP" is also still available. However, the CSS part of the book is only a few chapters, so you would probably find Stephanie's book more helpful.