• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could RoboHelp 8.02 be causing issues with Word 2003 TOC numbering?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the 8.02 patch installed for Robohelp last week and I'm wondering if the install somehow fouled up Microsoft Word?  When I create a template in MS Word that has a table of contents, and then create a document from the template, all of the headings in the TOC are listed as being on page 3.... even if the heading is actually on page 5.

This is happening completely outside of RoboHelp-- in a plain old Word document template. But it only started happening right after the 8.02 patch installation for RH. Could they be related??

Any insight appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy to test - go into your Control Panel & rollback the 8.02 patch. Then test again in Word. No effect? Reinstall the patch and look at something else messing up Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you attempt to open an 802 project after uninstalling the patch, it will report the project is from a later version and not open. You could delete the CPD to overcome that.

The 802 patch only fixed one issue so it is unlikely to be involved in this problem.

I would not recommend running long term without 802 unless you want other problems.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp