Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Write Document Service

Level 3

Hello all,

I am attempting to write a pdf out to a network location and I am receiving an Access is Denied error message:

\\ntresource\(W)datastor\InformationTechnology\Shared\FY11 IP Plan Project Document\ALC_.pdf (Access is denied)

Now If I write the pdf to a different folder with less security in place it writes just fine.

My question is what determines LiveCycles access to network storage locations?  I was lead to believe that ALC inherits permissions from the user that starts the Jboss service on the server...  The person that started the Jboss service(me) has access to write to both locations.  I cannot find any reason why LiveCycle would be able to write to one location but not the other.

Any thoughts?

~Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

" I was lead to believe that ALC inherits permissions from the user that starts the Jboss service on the server"

LiveCycle inherits the permissions from the account under which the JBoss server is running. This might not be the person that starts the service.

You can check it under the properties for the JBoss for LiveCycle service in the Log On tab,

Jasmin

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

" I was lead to believe that ALC inherits permissions from the user that starts the Jboss service on the server"

LiveCycle inherits the permissions from the account under which the JBoss server is running. This might not be the person that starts the service.

You can check it under the properties for the JBoss for LiveCycle service in the Log On tab,

Jasmin

Level 3

Exactly what I was looking for Jasmin.  Thanks!

Former Community Member

Hello JT01,

I am working on this same service but never be able to make it work right. Could you please post the process to share.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Level 3

Han Dao,

File attachments are not allowed on the forums currently so I can not post my service to share.  Could you post what you are using for a pathname pattern and what document you are trying to save?