4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 8:30 AM by the_wine_snob

Activating Componet Window - Lockup

Lukerw

Trying to burn a DVD in newly installed PRE8, update applied.  When the Activating Componet window pops up, my only option is to close it.  Clicking on the link to get my unlock key does nothing.  When I separately try going to adobe.com/go/premiereel encoder, my access is denied.  The MPEG2 component S/N is in the window.  I am logged on.  Have activated and registered my copy of PRE8.

So much for the DVD of my monther-in-law's life to be played at her wake on Friday....unless there is a phone number I can call.

• 1. Re: Activating Componet Window - Lockup
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There IS a phone number you can call. Adobe Tech Support.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414984?tstart=0

You can also reach Adobe by using the contact information under the Contact button at the very top of this web page.

Meantime, have you registered the program on the Adobe Web site? Component activation in version 8 should be automatic, if your product is registered and you're attached to the internet.

Have you tried to burn your DVD files to a folder on your hard drive rather than directly to a disc? how about the other troubleshooting steps in the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415318?tstart=0

• 2. Re: Activating Componet Window - Lockup
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As of PrE 4, the "component activation" has been automatic, as Steve suggests.Now, if one does not have an Internet connection, some special steps might have to be taken. My guess would be that only Adobe can address those.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Activating Componet Window - Lockup
              Lukerw Level 1

Steve and Bill, thanks to your help I now have my unlock code.  If others have the problem, the Activation Site to obtain this code, given the MPEG2 component s/n is available, is  adobe.com/go/premiereel_encoder.  I was missing the underscore since the whole link was underlined in the Activating Component window that appears with the first burn.  Also, the MPEG2 s/n is longer than the display window, so just reading what is displayed isn't good enough.

I still don't understand why clicking on the activation link in the Activating Component window didn't work.  In fact, the COPY option for the MPEG2 s/n doesn't work either.  AND, the Help links at top of the PRE8 window are not operational either.  I've not seen this before.  I have updated to 8.0.1,  I do use the AOL browser....  

• 4. Re: Activating Componet Window - Lockup
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Interesting. Must be a change in the procedure. Thank you for posting back. I have now learned something.

Appreciated, and good luck,

Hunt