10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 2:27 PM by the_wine_snob

Titles to download

rtk1958

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but can anyone advise on where additional titles for PE7 could be found for download?   PE7 doesn't come with very many and I haven't advanced to the point where I'm creating my own yet.

Thanks,
      Todd

• 1. Re: Titles to download
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Todd,

Not sure if there are any more Titles on Photoshop.com, but you could check.

As it is so very easy to alter the Functional Content Titles, I would urge you to explore. The Titler in PrE is quite powerful, and with one of the "stock Titles" as a basis, you can do so very much. While you are exploring, be sure to look into and read up on Styles, as they can be so very useful with Titles.

Also, if you have Photoshop, or PSElements, you can create almost anything there, and then Save_As .PSD to be Imported into PrE.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Titles to download
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, you might want to take a look at Muvipix. They have a lot of Assets, like stock motion footage, original music, Menu Sets and possibly Titles. Some is free, and some is either for sale, or included with a membership.

At that site, you will also find Steve Grisetti's books on PrE, PSE and Sony's DVD Architect.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Titles to download
              nealeh Level 5

If you mean additional content for the download version the links are here: Re: Instant Movie Theme

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Titles to download
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale,

Are there additional Titles in that Functional Content?

Also, my PrE 4 has 13 main folders of Titles with up to 11 sub-folders. Mine is in PrE\Presets\Templates. Have not done a count, but I'd say that I have over 100 Titles there, plus a few dozen that I have created in another program and Saved as a Template.

Just curious,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Titles to download
                  nealeh Level 5

Mine was a PRE7 boxed retail product so I don't know what may be in the Standard Download or Additional Content.

FWIW the following 'Presets' folders exist:

presets.png

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale

• 6. Re: Titles to download
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, my PrE 4 was a boxed retail version, so all of the Functional Content was installed at the same time as the program.

Now, if the OP does not have the Functional Content, then it was probably just not been installed. If from a DVD, then maybe a Repair Install would add it, or there could even be a selection from the main menu in the install disk to do that. I do not recall if there were options to, say not install the Functional Content, but many programs offer that, to conserve disk space. Most of those allow one to go back and install just the extra content.

If from a download, it is likely that the OP did not download both files, or did not install the Functional Content from the second one. If that is the case, then this ARTICLE might be helpful.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I read the original post to be a plea for more Titles, than were included in the Functional Content, but might have missed the real question

• 7. Re: Titles to download
                      nealeh Level 5

PS - I read the original post to be a plea for more Titles, than were included in the Functional Content, but might have missed the real question

More likely that I misconstrued the real question. But between us I think we've covered all the bases.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale

• 8. Re: Titles to download
                        the_wine_snob Level 9
                        But between us I think we've covered all the bases.

Here's hoping!

Hunt

• 9. Re: Titles to download
                          rtk1958 Level 1

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.  I'll checkout photoshop.com and muvipix.com.   I have played around with PrE 7's Titles editor and just scratched the surface with what it's able to do.  So will definitely keep practicing with it.

I do have quite a few Title templates in the PrE\Presets\Templates folder and accessible from within PrE's Titles editor.   Will look at all those again for something I can use or that gives me inspiration for something I could create from it.

Really appreciate all the good advice and support I get from this forum.  It helps a lot.

Thanks,

Todd

• 10. Re: Titles to download
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Todd,

You are most welcome.

Happy Editing,

Hunt