7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 8:51 PM by the_wine_snob

comments field in project

jeepfan Level 1

Is there a way to capture the clip file names with the comments field, in plain text, to import into MS Word? So far all that allows printing this material is using "print-screen" and bringing it into photoshop to print.

Thanks...

• 1. Re: comments field in project
          jeepfan Level 1

I forgot to mention that I'm refering to P-Pro 1.5.

• 2. Re: comments field in project
            jeepfan Level 1

The text column in the project window I refer to is  actually named "description", not " comments".

There seems to be no way to copy this info I've typed during clip capturing. Worse yet, when I import a  clip into a different project that data is blank. So the data isn't really part of each AVI file (I'm guessing) . So it must be contained in the .prproj file instead?

• 3. Re: comments field in project
              the_wine_snob Level 9

The PRPROJ file is an XML database, so one can edit it in a text editor. Now, I am not sure exactly how the Description data are listed, but would assume somewhere around the word, "Description." You can Open the file in, say NotePad, and then do a Search/Find. To simplify that, and to give me the clues on where to look, I'd type in some unique character string, say "QWERTY," and do the Search/find for that. You will then get a look at the text string, where this part of the data appears, and can then use that to do additional Searches/Finds.

There could be utility, that can strip out select strings from the XML, and maybe package them as DOC, TXT or other, but I do not know of one off-hand.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: comments field in project
                jeepfan Level 1

Bill,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that out. Maybe even search for some 

shareware that might be out there too...

Chas.

• 5. Re: comments field in project
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Chas,

If you do find an extraction utility, please share.

I've been making feature requests to Adobe for some text export functions, for similar. An extraction utility would cover my needs too. So far, I have not found one, but maybe just looked under the wrong rock?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: comments field in project
                    jeepfan Level 1

Bill,

I'm looking but no luck yet. I'll let you know if I find one.

I know how Adobe can be. Starting with Photoshop 4 I suggested that 

they keep track of last-used file-open separate from last-used 

file-save, so source files can come from one folder, and 'save' goes 

to a different folder. So when I modify lots of files I don't have to 

keep fishing through the directory. So many other programs have this 

sticky-pointer duality. Even old-time Hijjack Pro from Windows 3.1 

days! I gave up asking after Photshop 7...

Regards,

Chas.

• 7. Re: comments field in project
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Chas,

Do not give up asking Adobe. I know that they "read their mail," and with each upgrade, or even update, prioritize by the number of Feature Requests, balanced on the coding necessary to comply.

Good luck, and please report,

Hunt