7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 3:39 PM by Jose7822

Rendering Inside Premiere Pro CS4?

Jose7822

Hello guys!

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but I swear I did a search and didn't find much about it.  I know I can press "Enter" and render a sequence so that it plays smoothly in Premiere.  However, I'm still not sure how this affects the final result once I'm ready to export my project.  In the few threads I've read, it wasn't clear wether the renders get applied to the final export or not.  Does anyone knows for sure?  It would be nice to be able to render inside Premiere as many times as needed and still export without losing quality.  Thanks so much in advance!

Jose

• 1. Re: Rendering Inside Premiere Pro CS4?
          shooternz Level 6

The rendering in the timeline is for the purpose of previewing your timeline.  It does not affect your final output.

Note - you can use the Preview renders when you export should you choose to. Its an option in AME

BTW - Repeated renderings of the timeline do not create a generational loss (in case you were thinking so) but sometimes it is good to delete Renders (also an option from the PPRO Menu)

• 2. Re: Rendering Inside Premiere Pro CS4?
            Jose7822 Level 1

Shooternz,

Thanks so much for the detailed response.  That's pretty cool that Premiere gives us those cool options.  However, I couldn't find the option you speak of as far as using the rendered files during export in AME.  Where can I find this setting?  Also, when is it a good time to delete renders?  How can I detemine that?  Thanks again!

• 3. Re: Rendering Inside Premiere Pro CS4?
              Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Actually the setting is in the flyout menu of the Video tab of the Export Settings dialog.

-Jeff

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Rendering Inside Premiere Pro CS4?
                Jose7822 Level 1

Jeff,

Is that the one that says "Use Preview Files"?  I've never seen this menu before and thus also noticed there's a "Use Maximum Render Quality" option as well.  My intuition says I should have "Use Maximum Render Quality" selected, but why wasn't it selected as default in the first place?  Is there any side-effect by checking this option?  I just want to make sure I'm not braking anything and actually improving things.

Also, going back to my previous question, how do I determine when to delete rendered files or when to keep them?

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Rendering Inside Premiere Pro CS4?
                  shooternz Level 6

I delete render files at least once during a project if

numerous timelines start getting a bit complicated with fx .

An edit can take me one day to a week so I just do it on occassion for a bit of "maintenance" .

Sometimes PPRO gets a bit confused and can play back the wrong render preview (eg an EFFECT   that has been removed from a clip) and this is a fix

I regularly delete the Temp files as well.

I must get into the routine of deleting the AME temp files as well.  Wish there was a 'Management' Option in AME

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Rendering Inside Premiere Pro CS4?
                    Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Maximum Render Quality can increase your render time by a factor of four or five.  Don't use it unless you absolutely need it, like when scaling or deinterlacing footage.

-Jeff

• 7. Re: Rendering Inside Premiere Pro CS4?
                      Jose7822 Level 1

@Shooternz,

Great!  That makes perfect sense.  Now I know how to use this feature, thanks!

@Jeff,

Thanks to you as well.  I will keep that in mind.

Take care guys!