1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 6:30 AM by osgood_

New div in editable content area

thersher Level 1

I want to create a new div within the editable area of my DW page (CS4). This is not the template file, but the actual page I'm working on. It will create the div, but I can't get any of the attributes like width and position to apply. Is there a certain way I should put a div inside an editable area like this?

• 1. Re: New div in editable content area
          osgood_ Level 8

thersher wrote:

I want to create a new div within the editable area of my DW page (CS4). This is not the template file, but the actual page I'm working on. It will create the div, but I can't get any of the attributes like width and position to apply. Is there a certain way I should put a div inside an editable area like this?

What steps are you taking to insert the <div> into the editable region?

Are you doing this manually or through the various menus in Dreamweaver?

I'll assume you're doing it maunally via Dreamweaver:

1) You have the <div> inserted in your editable region, right?>Insert>Layout Objects>Div Tag>Insert>After start tag>choose name of your editable <div>

2) Give it an id in the same menu and then press ok.

3)Next go>Window>Css styles>click the little + icon (bottom right corner)>enter the ID (name) of the <div> you inserted in the editable region>click ok

4) You will then be presented with a menu to choose the <divs> attributes. Width/height come under the 'Box' category down the left side.

5) Optional-its a whole lot easier to just do the above in code view.