Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Global Constants -> Process Variables

Former Community Member

I know that you can set up variables as constants in a process so that you can manipulate the value through AdminUI.  These are per process constants though.  Is there any way to set up constants that are available within a process that are global to the entire LC install?

For example, I may have certain strings that are used in an emails across all processes depending on what LC instance is executing the process.

The way I do it now is to define an XML document that exists in the repository. Each LC instance uses the same XML schema, but the values can differ. I have a process (that can remain identical across all LC instances) that reads this file and assigns the XML values to process variables.

Just curious as to if there was a better way given that Adobe certainly thought about the issue of constants at least on a per process basis.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

That's a good way of doing it.

We don't have anything built-in that would make it easier than that.

Essentially you need a service that can give you those values. Whether it's a process or a custom component.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

That's a good way of doing it.

We don't have anything built-in that would make it easier than that.

Essentially you need a service that can give you those values. Whether it's a process or a custom component.

Jasmin