Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing baggage file

Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 8  WebHelp

Hi all,

I have a baggage file that is showing up as missing.  The thing is, I don't know where this file came from.  Also, it has '' after the extension, I have no idea why.  I am using an image with the name blue_up3.GIF, and it is in most of my topics with no problems.  I just don't know where this one came from and how to delete it. If I right-click on it I don't have the option to delete.

The project doesn't seem to be having any problems, but I'm about to turn it over to someone else, so I'd really like to not have something like a missing file...I want it to be tidy.

If anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of it, I would really appreciate it.  If not, it's no big deal since it is not causing problems.

Thanks!

gp4life

baggagefile.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the multi file find and replace to just search on blue_up3.gif to see if it can be found in any topic.

Sounds like an arrow that might be used with a twisty if you use those with your dropdowns.

If it is not found, you could manually edit rhbaggage.apj with the project closed. Backup first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I was really happy to see that the missing file was gone after I had deleted the refernce to it in the rhbag.apj file.  Now, however there is a problem.

I was using the image in a UDV, as a back to top link.  So, when I generated the project, the image doesn't appear.  When I click the View Selected Items button I can see it, and when I view it in the Design editor I can see it, but not when I generate or view primary layout.  I do have a backup, but when I opened the same file, rhbag.apj, I don't see the refernce to blue_up3.GIF'' 

I wonder if I delete the UDV and recreate it I'll be able to see the image when I generate the project?  Oh boy! I should have left well enough alone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm happy again.  I just deleted the image in the UDV and reinserted it and, presto, it's back when I generate the project.  Plus it doesn't show up as a missing baggage file.      Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad all is OK. What was the last sentence of my first reply?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp