2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 4:31 PM by mr. ichybob

dng image sequence

mr. ichybob Level 1

Three questions about importing DNG sequence ---

1. After I import an image sequence, get the RAW dialog box, and click OK, How can I bring up that dialog box again later?

2. I prefer to make adjustments in Levels, Curves, Hue and Saturation, etc. rather than in the RAW dialog box - (becuase it's keyframable, I like to see the resutls in action, etc) - Is their any disadvantage to doing it this way?

3. Maybe wrong forum, but the file size of the dng files are substantially larger from the Medium size RAW than from the Large size - this seems counter-intuitive to say the least - out of curiosity why? (from a Canon 7D)

OSX 10.4, AE CS3

Thanks!

• 1. Re: dng image sequence
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> After I import an image sequence, get the RAW dialog box, and click OK, How can I bring up that dialog box again later?

from "Introduction to Camera Raw and importing camera raw files":

"You can adjust a camera raw image after importing it. To open the image in the Camera Raw dialog box, select the footage item in the Project panel, choose File > Interpret Footage > Main, and click More Options."

> I prefer to make adjustments in Levels, Curves, Hue and Saturation, etc. rather than in the RAW dialog box - (becuase it's keyframable, I like to see the resutls in action, etc) - Is their any disadvantage to doing it this way?

It's mostly a matter of personal preference and workflow. I do about half of my work in the Camera Raw plug-in and half in either Photoshop or After Effects. It's possible to do adjustments in the Camera Raw plig-in that limit you too much in After Effects, but you can always pop back into Camera Raw to re-interpret the raw data. That's the great thing about working non-destructively.

• 2. Re: dng image sequence
            mr. ichybob Level 1

as always, thank you very much.