4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2007 2:10 PM by dkb43

dumbest question ever

dkb43
      Even though I've been working with Fireworks for 2 years I feel like I am a beginner sometimes.
      I have, in the past, been able to attach test to an ellipse. I am unable to do so now. Are there any big things I should be looking for? Size of text, type of Font? Stroke of the ellipse?

Signed, very frustrated.......
        • 1. Re: dumbest question ever
          Level 7
          dkb43 wrote:
          > Even though I've been working with Fireworks for 2 years I feel like I am a
          > beginner sometimes.
          > I have, in the past, been able to attach test to an ellipse. I am unable to
          > do so now. Are there any big things I should be looking for? Size of text,
          > type of Font? Stroke of the ellipse?
          >
          > Signed, very frustrated.......

Make sure it's a vector ellipse, and that you haven't accidentally
          converted either the text or the ellipse to a bitmap. Make sure that you
          haven't converted the text to outlines.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: dumbest question ever
            dkb43 Level 1
            I am assuming the ellipse is a vector ellipse since I use the vector tool to make it. How would I know if the text or ellipse has been changed to a bitmap? I did put a white border on the text, but I am assuming that is not what you meant by outline . . .but I have recreated the text without the stroke/border and still can't combine.
            • 3. Re: dumbest question ever
              Level 7
              I'll state the obvious just in case.

Draw ellipse, type text, select both, go to Text > Attach to Path.

alex

dkb43 wrote:
              > I am assuming the ellipse is a vector ellipse since I use the vector tool to
              > make it. How would I know if the text or ellipse has been changed to a bitmap?
              > I did put a white border on the text, but I am assuming that is not what you
              > meant by outline . . .but I have recreated the text without the stroke/border
              > and still can't combine.
              >
              • 4. Re: dumbest question ever
                dkb43 Level 1
                Thank you for choosing to state the obvious . . .and I needed to get away from it for a day, I guess.

I was using combine paths under modify.