4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 6:31 AM by philking

installing beta 2 on Windows 7

philking Level 1

I have been unable to install Flash Catalyst Beta 2 on a Windows 7 machine.

It approves the serial number

I select install all components

then I get an error "Your installation encountered errors" Please try restarting your system.

Restarting hasn't helped.

any suggestions?

Thanks,
      Phil

• 1. Re: installing beta 2 on Windows 7
          Thomas L (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Sound like a known Flash Player conflict issue .  Many get around it by uninstall FC, then also uninstall Adobe Flash Player 10 Active X and Adobe Flash Player Plug-in from the system. Reboot the system than try reinstall again.

give that a try.

Thanks

• 2. Re: installing beta 2 on Windows 7
            philking Level 1

I followed your steps and received the same error.

Any other things to try?

Thanks,

Phil

• 3. Re: installing beta 2 on Windows 7
              Thomas L (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Hi,

One thing wasn't very clear to me that after Installer toss up an error warning at end of process, have you try to see if it installed, and launch Adobe Flash Catalyst CS 5 ?  I remember similar reports, but other reported using the catalyst was fine even after see the Installation error.

But if that don't work, then here is what I would do.

- Follow the suggestion i made pervious.

- Plus locate media_db and pdb_db files from c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Caps folder.

- Manually delete them.

- Do a search on Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 application folder (If you prior installed via all default file path, then it's locate in Program Files > Adobe folder. If you see it, select it and hit that delete key.

- Empty trash.

- Reboot system.

- Give that FC installer once last try.

if that failed .. please seek for a log file name, "Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 1.0 mm-dd-2010.log.gz"  (the day of very current attempt to install)

from c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installer .

You can try to post it here or send it to tlin@adobe.com and i will foward to engineers to take closer look.

The log is important for us to isolate the issue and address soon.

Thanks very much, and sorry again it's such painful experience for you. 

• 4. Re: installing beta 2 on Windows 7
                philking Level 1

Hi Thomas,

I haven't tried these steps yet, but I did get something working. I have setup a Windows7 virtual machine. That is a clean install with only one other piece of software for testing. Flash Catalyst installed fine there.

I will try your steps when I get some free time and let you know what I come up with.

Phil