17 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 12:33 PM by MichaelLemoniades

New to CS4

MichaelLemoniades

I'm new to Premiere Pro. When I start a project, I have my project setting as: DV-NTSC, Standard 48kHz. When I import any QT movie or even add bars and tone, the colors appear to be reversed in both the source and program windows. Any help would be great.

• 1. Re: New to CS4
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Please tell us all about your system, the OS, the video card and current driver, etc.

Info on the MOV files would be helpful, but as you also experience this with the synthetic video (Bars), I'd lean towards a video card driver first. Still, the more info that you can provide us with, the easier it will be to offer help.

I'd also do a screen-cap with the Timeline, the Asset Selected and the CTI (Current Time Indicator) poised over it, plus the Program Monitor, showing what you get.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: New to CS4
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, take a look at the threads, that are linked to in my replies in this ARTICLE. There are some screen-caps in those. Does your Program Monitor display look anything like those? Also check out Jeff Bellune's comments in those linked threads.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: New to CS4
              MichaelLemoniades Level 1

cid:image002.jpg@01CABC7C.0F6E64A0[cid:image004.jpg@01CABC7C.0F6E64A0]

Sorry I didn’t give enough detail. It’s a windows xp, Legacy video capture I think. I’m not sure. I’m a Mac guy stuck on a PC.

Michael Lemoniades

Interactive Marketing Producer

Time Warner Cable - East Region

6005 Fair Lakes Road

East Syracuse, NY 13057-4250

Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.

315-634-6301

• 5. Re: New to CS4

I can't find " threads, that are linked to in my replies in this ARTICLE". Sorry, am I overlooking the links?

• 6. Re: New to CS4
                  shooternz Level 6

Just a possibly un-related to issue question.

Is this clip on a local drive or a network drive?  (I only see a C: drive in your media browser plus what appears to be network drives)

This makes me wonder where the scratch drives are.

• 7. Re: New to CS4

The video clip did come of a nextwork drive. The bars came from within Premiere.

• 8. Re: New to CS4
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

In the Thread that I posted (linked), there are references to ARTICLES that are HTML links to many discussions on this, and other fora. Just click on those links to open the various threads.

Good luck, and I think you'll see a lot of similarity to your screen-cap.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] I see that the Adobe forum did it to me again. I no longer get those auto line-breaks, but now the URL links seem to disappear before positing. Man, I just love this Jive software. NOT!

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt - Added Link and [Edit]

• 9. Re: New to CS4
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

As a test, do a new Sequence, and just drag the color bars to the Timeline. Export as a DV-AVI file and Import that. Test.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: New to CS4
                          shooternz Level 6

...so where are  the scratch drives setup?

• 11. Re: New to CS4
                            Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

This is almost certainly a video card driver issue.

-Jeff

• 12. Re: New to CS4

I have not yet updated the video drivers (whating for IT). I did the test export and the video played back correctly. Any ideas?

• 13. Re: New to CS4
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

I think that IT needs to get to your machine in a hurry. Your test Export does indicate that Jeff is correct - video driver issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 14. Re: New to CS4

Thank you for all your help.

Mike

• 15. Re: New to CS4
                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

You are most welcome.

You can tell IT that everyone here told them to get busy and not take so many "coffee breaks... "

Good luck, and please let us know how this works. As a note, depending on how "sharp" your IT department is, they will likely go to the video card's mfgr's site for the very latest video driver. If they go to the MS update site, or maybe even the Dell, or HP, or other, they will most likely NOT get the latest driver, especially the MS site. It will likely be many months older than current. Look over their shoulder. If you have an nVidia card, or an ATI card, that should be where they go.

Also, John T. Smith posted a caveat on some of the most recent nVidia drivers. If you have nVidia, maybe share the link in his post with them, as it might save from other issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 16. Re: New to CS4
                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is the ARTICLE that John T. linked to. To give full attribution, it was Harm Millaard, who originally posted the warning. If you DO have an nVidia card, make sure that IT reads Harm's article and that they follow all links first.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 17. Re: New to CS4

Well, it's not a driver issue. all drivers have been updated. After 3 days on tech support (each day doing the same thing, you know what they read out of the book) nothing. All they wanted to do was check the file that i was importing. The bars from within premiere don't work, what does the video file have to do with that, but of course they don't listen. Today was the 2nd time my case was "escalated", i guess 1 just wasn't enough. Seeing as i'm a mac person, would it make sense to uninstall and try it again. it sounds like they is a problem with the program itself. i'm just wondering if it didn't install right.