2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2006 8:07 PM by Newsgroup_User

getURL

lmosieranc
      In the past, I have used the following code to launch an html page full screen:

getURL("javascript:fullscreen('nameof_file.htm')");

Now when I use this code, I just get a javascript error that says, "Object Expected"

I can use the getURL without the javascript and it works fine. But I really need the html file to go full screen.
        • 1. Re: getURL
          jthereliable Level 1
          Did you write a fullscreen function? I don't really know the javascript functions but I don't think fullscreen() is a built in function. In the html file, you should include the fullscreen function and try it again, I'm pretty sure you don't have it and that's the problem.
          • 2. Re: getURL
            Level 7
            > Did you write a fullscreen function?

Bingo, jthereliable -- that's the answer. :)

> I don't really know the javascript functions but I don't
            > think fullscreen() is a built in function. In the html file,
            > you should include the fullscreen function and try it
            > again, I'm pretty sure you don't have it and that's the
            > problem.

That's it, on the nose. The javascript: protocol, used in the getURL()
            function, tells the SWF to deliver a message in JavaScript-ease, so to
            speak. It steps out of the realm of ActionScript, because Flash does not
            support JavaScript, and basically just hands the message off to the browser,
            "Hey, do this -- it's called 'fullscreen'." Obviously, the browser has to
            know what the fullscreen() function is, and if it isn't a native function of
            the language (which this isn't), the programmer has to define it.

David
            stiller (at) quip (dot) net
            Dev essays: http://www.quip.net/blog/
            "Luck is the residue of good design."