8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 4:21 PM by Steve Grisetti

"Sending files" from 8.0 to Premier 8.0

chucktheweevil

In old versions you used to be able to "send" chosen files in the organizer to PE8. - can this not be done anymore?

I see there is a new "Organizer" button in PE8 but searching and scrolling are painfully slow compared to the organizer. The selection of my content now takes 3 times as long because of the loss of functionality and speed differnce.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: "Sending files" from 8.0 to Premier 8.0
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can do a number of transfers from the three Elements programs (Organizer, Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements) to each other.

You can send any photo or video in the Organizer to Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements for editing.

You can create a slideshow in the Organizer, and then send it to Premiere Elements for finalizing to DVD.

I cover these and more in books.

Which are you interested in doing, Chuck?

• 2. Re: "Sending files" from 8.0 to Premier 8.0
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Chuck

In Premiere Elements 8.0, the commands to which you are referring have had a slight name change....

a. After you create your Photoshop Elements 8 Slide Show Editor slideshow, the Output option (named "Send to Premiere Elements" in earlier versions) is now called "Edit with Premiere Elements".

b. When you get to Premiere Elements 8, the command (named "Break Apart Adobe Photoshop Elements Slideshow", seen in earlier versions of Premiere Elements) is now called "Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow".

Also, if you use the Photoshop Elements 8 Slide Show Editor slideshow Output option Burn to Disc, DVD, your project will be transferred automatically to Premiere Elements 8 targeted for the Create Menus Section of Premiere Elements.

In version 8 "Edit with Premiere Elements" is the key wording to look for....if any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Hope I have targeted your question.

In Photoshop Elements 8 and Premiere Elements 8 the name of the game is computer resources and computer optimization. Have you installed the Premiere Elements 8.0.1 Update (Patch). I would suggest that you first check out your computer resources in relation to your project and performance issues.

ATR

• 3. Re: "Sending files" from 8.0 to Premier 8.0
              Barb__O Level 4

A T Romano,

In additon to the workflows you identified from the V8 Organizer workspace to Premiere Elements, I was expecting there to be a workflow to send (transfer) a video file that you have identified from an Organizer workspace thumbanil to the Premiere Elements workspace .This is not a slideshow but instead a video file from a camcorder or a video file from a digital camera.

Perhaps a right click on the thumbnail in the V8 Organizer workspace showing a choice for Edit in Premiere Elements in the right click menu (or somewhere else) .  Does that exist ?

Steve Grisetti,

It seems that your response does include this ability to locate a video (or also a photo) thumbnail in the V8 Organizer workspace and then send/transfer/edit it in(to) Premiere Elements 8.   Perhaps more details on how to do this would help the originator of this thread.

• 4. Re: "Sending files" from 8.0 to Premier 8.0

Glad to, Barb.

But let's find out exactly what he wants to do first. Then we can detail how to do it.

• 5. Re: "Sending files" from 8.0 to Premier 8.0
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

When I included

"In version 8 "Edit with Premiere Elements" is the key wording to look for....if any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Hope I have targeted your question"

I thought that covered everything else that I did not go into, and I thought what I wrote covered the situation until we had some feedback from the user who started the thread. Some reading this thread apparently want some add ons now. There is lots more to include. It is not clear if the urge for more information at this moment was because the person did not know the answer or was writing to point out the further details were pending. Whatever the case, in partial response I add:

a. If you are in the Photoshop Elements 8 Organizer and right click a video or still thumbnail there, "Edit with Premiere Elements" appears in the list of choices that pop up. Clicking on that will transfer the imade to Premiere Elements 8.

b. If you are in the Photoshop Elements 8 Organizer, highlight a video or still, and go to the Edit Menu, you will find an option "Edit with Premiere Elements". When you click on that, your video or still gets transferred to Premiere Elements 8.

Like I said, "In version 8 "Edit with Premiere Elements" is the key wording to look for....."

I hope that helps.

ATR

• 6. Re: "Sending files" from 8.0 to Premier 8.0

I think you're right on the nose, Tony!

• 7. Re: "Sending files" from 8.0 to Premier 8.0
                      chucktheweevil Level 1

Thanks for the help.

I was looking for the :File - send to Premier Elements" which has noew been replaced with "Edit - Edit in Premier Elements".  i was lloking all over the file menu for the command, but was looking in the wrong place as the command has "changed position".

I do all my selection in Elements 8 and then send to Premier. Thanks for the hlp - Works great.

I wish I had much much more time to use this program!! I odered the Muvivpix book today - hopefully not alot of changes between 7 and 8 in contect of the book!

• 8. Re: "Sending files" from 8.0 to Premier 8.0

There should actually be books for both version 7 and version 8, both the Premiere Elements only and the Premiere Elements/Photoshop Elements combined for each version.

No matter. Thank you so much for supporting the book! Hope it gets you well on the way!