5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 4:35 PM by ~graffiti

rundll problem

joanne1012

hi would anyone have any idea what this message means and how to get rid of it free, as every time  I mention it on the internet all I get is people trying to tell me they can remove it with a charge, the message is as follow: C programmec:\w1\mywebs~1bar\1.bin\F3SCRCTR DLL It all sounds like rubbish to me as I haven't been on the internet all that long but this pops up every time I open and try to use my computer even for simple things like word processing or stuff not even on the net hopefully someone can help with this free even if they tell me where this virus or whatever is hiding thanks anyone joanne1012

• 1. Re: rundll problem
          pwillener Level 8

It would be helpful if you'd provide more information, e.g.

• your OS version
          • your browser
          • the exact error message
          • what you were doing when the message appears
          • in what way this is related to Adobe Reader

Also, do you have antivirus and/or anti-spyware installed, are they up-to-date with definitions, and have you recently scanned your system for malware?

• 2. Re: rundll problem
            pwillener Level 8

I ran a search for the DLL file you mentioned, and it seems positively related to spyware on your system.  There are removal instructions on many sites (e.g. http://www.spywareremove.com/removef3scrctrdll.html); remove it, then install some good anti-malware tool.  There are many free anti-malware systems, but recommending one exceeds the scope of this forum.

• 3. Re: rundll problem
              joanne1012 Level 1

hello thanks for getting back to me I don't know if it has anything to do with adobe its just a couple of days ago someone from this site helped me to manually install adobe flashplayer 10 as my computer would not download it properly, anyway I am using windows xp internet explorer and also have macafee as a virus protector installed on my computer once again the whole message is as follows C:\programme c\programme~\my webs~1BAR\1.BIN\F3SCRCTR.DLL module could not be found so if you know what it means or where on my hard drive it is hiding then any help would be good its just every time I load my computer even for word processing even if Im not going on the internet, the message still keeps occurring, and everyone that I have talked to have told me they could help for a fee so if you know how to get rid of this annoying message than if you could tell me that would be great thanks joanne1012.

• 4. Re: rundll problem
                joanne1012 Level 1

hi thanks once again for the advice I went to the spyware website you told me about and it says that if I did download this kind of spy ware that it could damage my computer so that's really no good can I ask do you think if I took it to a PC shop if they could get rid of the RUNDLL problem once and for all as this message is so annoying as it keeps cropping up all the time so I think that they might be able to help so if you have any opinion than please let me know thanks joanne1012

• 5. Re: rundll problem
                  ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

joanne1012 wrote:

do you think if I took it to a PC shop if they could get rid of the RUNDLL problem once and for all as this message is so annoying as it keeps cropping up all the time so I think that they might be able to help so if you have any opinion than please let me know thanks joanne1012

They should be able to help you out yes,