2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 6:50 AM by 370H55V

Cant install reader from internet

buyerguy69

I just got my PC (Windows SP3) back from a RAM failure. OS was reinstalled and I'm winding up reinstalling all of my application software. When I try to install Reader from Adobe's web site, I get a yellow warning bar saying it wants to use Active X, etc. I click on the bar and choose to let it run. Then Explorer locks up completely. I have lowered all of the security settings to their lowest, and tried it from the administrator account: nothing changes. What's going on here?

• 1. Re: Cant install reader from internet
          Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

Dunno. Try downloading the proper version from

here

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software.

• 2. Re: Cant install reader from internet
            370H55V Level 4

"When I try to install Reader from Adobe's web site, I get a yellow  warning bar saying it wants to use Active X, etc. I click on the bar and  choose to let it run. Then Explorer locks up completely."

Have you ever heard of Firefox?

It runs circles around Internet Exploder in every imaginable way.

IE is the "Big Mac" of browsers. Sure, it's on every system running Windows, but just like McDonald's hamburgers, just because it's the biggest doesn't mean it's the best. You can find about a dozen places in every town that has a McDonald's that make a far better burger. There's Safari, Opera, and even Netscape 9 (which has been out of production since 2005) that all outperform IE for speed, size, and in most cases security.