1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2010 1:14 PM by the_wine_snob

Play back  is really slow and hard to edit , how come?

Ruehl89

I'm new to Premiere Pro and i've looked everywhere for reason why my playback is so slow, i Have a 2009 MacBook Pro, OS 10.5.8 with 8 GBs of RAM and over 190 GB of HDD space. I've lowered the quality to Draft, still doesn't work. I updated it, still nothing. Is there any way to make it smoother?

• 1. Re: Play back  is really slow and hard to edit , how come?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Please tell us more about your source footage, your Project/Sequence Preset, and your system. More detail will be better.

Also, when looking on your Timeline, is there a red line above your Clips? If so, try pressing Enter (or Return? on the Mac), and when the Render completes, you should see green lines, and playback should be much smoother.

Red_line.jpg

Here is a look at where to see those red, or green lines. Do not recall which version of Pr this was done in, so your details might well differ, but the location will be the same. Look under the WAB (Work Area Bar) in this screen-cap. Now, your WAB will most likely span the entire Timeline, so you will not see it looking like it does here. Note, however, that it can be set to just Render a smaller portion of the Timeline.

Good luck,

Hunt