1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 10:37 AM by Nancy OShea

CSS file name not appearing accurately

SM66

Dear Dreamweaver Forum,

To sort of give you a context of what I've been doing, I've been following Garrick Chow's Dreamweaver CS3 tutorials through Lynda.com.

Specifically, I'm currently studying chapter 7 Typography.

I tried on my own to save a CSS style sheet.

It seems no matter what I do I am not able to get the CSS panel in Dreamweaver CS3 to save a style with the name I give it in the Save As dialog box.

Below is a 5-step walkthrough of what I'm talking about with two questions in blue after step 5:

Step 1:

Here I have a situation in which I would like to take the style currently in the CSS Styles panel <style> and turn it into an external style sheet I can use with my other .html pages.

step-1.jpg

Step 2:

Therefore, I used shift + click and selected all the selectors (or should I call them “rules”?) in the CSS panel.

I then right-clicked and selected “Move to External Style Sheet”.  I then get this resulting dialog box:

step-2.jpg

Step 3:

I want to create a new style sheet and so I click the radio button next to “A new style sheet”:

step-3.jpg

Step 4:

I navigate to my ch7_typography root folder and, in the “Save As” field I type “styles.css”:

step-4.jpg

Step 5:

The problem is that after hitting the Save button, Dreamweaver saves the css file not as “styles.css” but as “untitled.css”.

step-5.jpg
      My question is why did it do that?
      My other question is how can I get Dreamweaver to save the .css file as “styles.css” or “whatevername.css”
      I choose to give to it?

Thanks!