0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 10:05 AM by leapdog

Can a custom object read from disk contain an XMLListCollection?

leapdog Level 1

(New to posting, apologies if I don't follow protocol or explain myself clearly.)

I'm working on a Flex AIR app which saves and reads custom objects to disk.

I have the object, "UserVO" which I can successfully save and retrieve using FileStream.writeObject and  FileStream.readObject.

I'm using the [RemoteClass] metadata tag, inserted before the class definition, and registerClassAlias() in my data-retrieving class. I am able to save and retrieve various String and Number properties of my custom "UserVO" objects.

My problem is that I also want to give my UserVO class a property called "diary" which is an XMLListCollection.  However, when I attempt the load (using readObject), I get the error: TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@d55ad09 to mx.collections.IList.

In the Debugger, upon loading the UserVO object, I can see that "diary" exists as an XMLListCollection and that "diary" holds an XMLList as a source,

but the XML data I thought I saved inside the XMLList is not there.

Is this some kind of serialization issue where Flex is unable to type certain classes which are properties of custom objects?

Or am I missing something else?

Thanks!