5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 10:28 AM by the_wine_snob

What is this bar?

John A Mathias Level 1

A new grey bar has appeared in my project above the Work area bar in timeline, and I have no idea what it signifies, help please John MathiasTimeline.jpg

• 1. Re: What is this bar?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

John,

I believe that the gray bar is the current In and Out Points on your Timeline. It often gets accidentally set (with the I, or O keys, IIRC). Chuck Engals, or Robert Johnson contributed to an older thread on it. I'll see if I can locate that for you, as there was a full explanation in there, right from one of the Adobe product folk.

More to come,

Hunt

• 2. Re: What is this bar?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I believe that this is the ARTICLE that I was thinking of. Note that there are links to other articles, both here and in Muvipix, with more details.

Hope that these links fill in all the blanks, and good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: What is this bar?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

John,

It seems that some of the old PrE forum links are now dead, but be sure to see this THREAD on Muvipix, as much info is contained within. Even there, some of the image links are now gone.

I am so sorry that Adobe lost most of the old posts, when they did the forum changeover about 2 years ago. There should have been a major effort to archive those. If there was one, it was not successful.

Good luck, and hope that this helps,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: What is this bar?
                John A Mathias Level 1

Bill, As ever, you're a mine of information! I must have inadvertently pressed some keyboard shortcut. Thanks a lot, John

• 5. Re: What is this bar?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, it was the I, or the O, while in the Project Panel, according to the info in the Chuck Engles article. As you can see, you are not the first one to do so. Not sure how well, or poorly, this feature might be covered in Help.

I was also surprised that I could not find some threads in this forum, as I know they were since the forum changeover. Must be weak boolean on my part.

Good luck,

Hunt